Chapter 4 - Freaky Pokémon and a doomy dinner

"Well, that's awkward," Madeline deadpanned, weary of Elena's, Bonnie's and Stefan's sidelong looks and thoughts - loud thoughts. Bonnie was the loudest as she had a really bad feeling about the weirdo Elena was enamored with. For that, Madeline could only agree with her, even if she was a bit skeptical about the whole 'I may be a witch' thing. Though it would still make more sense than the Salvatore brothers being vampires.

Elena had tried more than once to make vamp-guy and pretty witch speak to each other. It was almost cute, how she tried, and tried, and tried. And yet nothing had happened so far. Just a few words, than it was back to silence. Well, at least for them, because Madeline could hear exactly how much they all thought it was awkward.

At least, she hadn't stayed for nothing. Now, she knew that, one, Stefan could eat garlic without even grimacing and two, the guy really wanted to make a good impression on Bonnie.

"Just a little bit," the weirdo psychopath - and apparently sycophant - answered with a polite smile, "Almost as much as meeting Matt was."

Madeline raised an eyebrow as Elena's cheeks reddened. "Really? You've already done the whole exes talk and meeting?" She turned her head towards Bonnie to see her reaction but the Bennett didn't seem surprised. "Wow, that's fast. Do I need to look for a dress for the wedding?"

"Maddie!" Elena hissed, "You promised!"

"Right," she replied, tilting her head and trying to look innocent - and completely failing at it. It was quite a shame that someone like Stefan who might have killed people could look completely innocuous and she couldn't. Although, it might be the reason why he hadn't already been caught by the police. "Let's reshot the scene. You've already done the whole exes talk and meeting? Did she tell you about the time I caught her and Bonnie kissing each other for training?"

Bonnie let her head hit the table a few time, avoiding her plate by some miracle. "Please, tell me you didn't say that," she pleaded, although inwardly she was truly hesitating whether she should laugh or not.

"We were twelve!" Elena rapidly explained to her - unfortunately - new boyfriend.

"Twelve and totally cute. I think I still have the pictures, if you're interested."

"WHY WOULD HE BE INTERESTED IN PICTURES OF TWO TWELVE YEARS OLD KISSING FOR FUCK'S SAKE MADDIE?!" Elena screamed, panicked.

At that, Bonnie finally lost it and laughed out loud, her arms around her middle as she tried to catch her breath.

The weirdo, on the other hand, realized her cute sister was actually human and able to be angry, just like most human beings. He wasn't freaking out, and actually thought it was kind of adorable how she felt embarrassed. It wasn't the kind of reaction Madeline had hoped for, however. Him running away would have been better because, well... Sure, she was trying to annoy Elena like every first meeting with the family should go, but it wasn't her only motive. The weirdo had thought about being old like dust. At least more than one hundred years old. Okay, he might not look like that, but he was still interested into fucking her sister despite thinking he was old. It was just creepy. So, yeah, he might not be interested into twelve years old's pictures, but her sister was still only seventeen. And they had knew each other for only a few days!

"Elena, it's okay, I know she was just joking," Stefan chuckled.

"She was?" Elena repeated dubiously, "She wasn't Stefan. You don't know her. She really wasn't." The brunette turned her doe light brown eyes towards Madeline. "You weren't, right?"

She snorted, "Of course I was El'. I'll wait for the wedding to show him the pictures."

"You take to heart the whole "first meeting with the parents", aren't you?" the weirdo asked her, a knowing glint in his eyes. And in his mind, of course.