Chapter 49: Worried!

——Jedean's Point of View:

We searched the arcade area for what felt like days, but was really only a few moments. Those little fuckers left! I grinded my teeth as I looked at the time on my phone. 'Ugh... way to ruin the day boys!'

"What if we never find them, Jedean?" Jemma's voice sounded so worried, which in turn pissed me off even more than I already was. 'Why couldn't you two just stay put!'

Jemma was now searching every game booth, asking the workers if they spotted them.

However, asking if you've seen two small blonde boys, one with blue eyes and one with green eyes, is not much to go on. Everyone we asked gave us the exact same answer, 'Sorry, but we see a lot of small children described like that.
Maybe you should go to the lost children area, they might have been brought there.' Jemma hearing this every time, was making her rather upset. I placed my hands on her shoulders gently, but that seemed to make things worse.

"Jemma, come on. We'll find them... I promise. Let's just go to the lost-." She turned around and glared at me. She was about to cut me off, when a flash of red caught my eyes.

I looked over her shoulder to see the two brats we had been searching for the past god damn hour. I glared at them as I watched them climb off some kiddie ride. Jemma must noticed my staring and turned around for herself.

"You have got to be shitting me, right?" She asked as she grabbed my hand, storming over to them. "What the heck you guys?!" She yelled at them, causing them to jolt as they looked up at us. I looked over at Jemma and noticed her face to be expressing how she was really feeling. "Do you know how worried you made us!?"

"But... but... we told you where we'd be! We kept trying to tell you guys, but you kept talking over us..." Jade said as he gave us a sad and sorrowful look. Jemma sighed as she looked up at me.

I smiled as I took off my aviators, placing them on Jade, wanting to laugh at how much bigger they were on him. I took a knee in front of them, looking up both of them as they both look miserable for thinking they did something wrong. I gave Jemma a quick glance before speaking.

"Look, we're not mad at you two. We were just extremely worried that something bad happened. You guys are really young, not even 15 years old yet, so please try and understand that you mean the world to us and protecting you from bad people is our goal." I stood as I stared down at the now sadden duo. "Awe, cheer up. We're not mad at you guys.

Just next time, make sure we either hear you, or go with you. Is that understood?" They both nodded as Noel smiled a toothless grin. I couldn't help but laugh, pat them on the heads and turned to see an amused Jemma standing before me with her arms over her chest.

"What...?"

"Nothing... just shocked at how well you handle situations like these." She smiled as she walked in step with me, her arm draping over my shoulders. When I turned towards the sunlight though... I regretted giving Jade my glasses.

"So, how's about we go to one more show, then call up the rents to go have dinner?" I suggested as we all headed to the heart of the park, loving the feeling of Jemma's arm over me. I gave her a quick glance before looking down at the boys.

"Yeah! Can we go see the shark tunnel!?" I just laughed as I nodded my agreement.