Chapter 59: At the Party!

"You know, we're just going to walk there, right?" Jedean asked as she headed for the back door that went down to the beach's sidewalk.

I looked at the shoes I chose and cringed. I hated walking long distance in flip flops... it's so annoying.

"Uh... how far away is it?" I asked as we headed down the familiar staircase.

"Not that far..."

Not that far my ass. It was a good half an hour walk, in the sand with flip flops... However, I did manage to remember to actually take them off.

Yes, I know I'm retarded, but I can defend myself. I had two matches today and conditioning. In other words I was exhausted.

"See, we're here. Now... just to let you know... my team mates are a bit... well psycho." She said as she turned and gave me a smile.

"What do you mean?" I started to ask, but was interrupted when a group of already tipsy girls ran over to us.

"Who's your friend, Deanster?" '...Deanster?' I looked over to see Jedean's embarrassed face and couldn't help but laugh at the silly nickname. More and more girls came over and said hello to the obviously well-known forward. I felt out of place. 'I knew I shouldn't have come here...'

"Jemma?" I heard a familiar voice as I turned around to see same girl I've been talking to for the past week.

I gave Jules a wide smile as I took a seat next to her. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she offered me a drink. I gave her a side glance as I placed the drink on the seat next to me, where some guy and girl were making out... awkward.

"I came with a friend. She invited me to your party. I hope that's okay?" I said as she smiled again.

"You're Jemma?" I heard the girl next to me ask as I conversed with Jules. I turned to her and saw a wide smile on her face as she looked at me. I felt my eyebrows connect as I looked at the unfamiliar girl.

"Uh, yeah. Why?" I asked with an uneasy tone. She merely just waved her hand as she went back to making out with the boy. I looked at Jules and watched her shrug her shoulders.

I shrugged my shoulders too as I watched Jedean talk to her teammates and friends, a drink in her hand. I felt a twinge of jealousy and annoyance as I watched her talk... flirtatiously with these girls. I sighed though as a stupid but realistic thought came in my head; we aren't together. In fact we haven't even talked about that night we shared almost a week ago.

--------------

"You there?" I heard Jules ask as she waved a hand in front of my face. I gave her a quick smile as I leaned back against the beach chair. I looked down at her foot and noted it had definitely gotten better, but was still bruised and more than likely still hurt like a bitch.

"Yeah, so... do the girls just bring their boyfriends and such?" I asked her as I watched her take a sip of her drink.

"I'm not really sure. This is my first time on the team. I'm sure it's tradition or something like that. They always bring the alcohol I guess." She said as she took another sip. I cringed as I smelt the beer. How can people love the taste of it?

"I guess that would make sense. Where's your boyfriend?"

That's when I heard the girl next to me laugh. I turned to look at her and saw a smile on her face as she sat up in the boys lap.

"What's so funny now?"

"Sam... don't." Jules pleaded. I looked back at Jules slightly confused. I had only been here not even ten minutes yet, and there was already something strange happening.

"I really don't think she'll care if you're gay, Jules." Sam winked at me as she looked towards Jedean. I blushed as I turned back to Jules who looked ashamed for it. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I cleared my throat.

"Oh, you're gay? I would have never figured that out. That's pretty cool, I'm supportive and all." I said as I smiled at Jules. She gave me a sheepish grin as she continued to down her beer. I cringed at the smell of it and rolled my eyes as I noticed Jedean downing one herself. 'She is going to regret that tomorrow morning...' I turned my head back to the girl that was once again giggling. "What is your problem? Are you high?"

"Yeah Sam, what is wrong with you?" Jules asked as she leaned up to look at the strange giggling girl. The boy under her continued to kiss her neck as she smiled at me. She pointed her hand at me then towards Jedean.

"You're rather funny, saying you're supportive when you're gay yourself." She said as she giggled. I panicked as I averted my eyes, moving back in my seat. Jules raised her brows as she looked at me with a smile on her face.

"Are you really?" She asked as leaned in closer to me. I tried to swallow but my throat seemed extremely dry all of a sudden.

"Uh well... I mean... I'm not like... How do you know that?" I asked as I turned my attention back to this Sam girl. She smirked as she averted her eyes to Jedean. When I looked at Jedean though, I felt as if someone had punched me in the gut. Jules looked as well and rolled her eyes as she leaned back. Jedean was on some guy's lap, laughing as he kissed up her neck, his hands roaming all over her body and under her shirt. I wasn't sure the feelings I was feeling right now. Sam pushed the boy away as she sat up and moved to where we were, her sunglasses raising up as she gawked at Jedean

"Is she gay or is she bisexual? I really don't understand her..." Jules sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. I leaned back in the seat as I made sure to seem it didn't affect me.

"I can't fucking believe her. Is she retarded?" She said as she turned back to look at the both of us. I looked up at her with a confused face.

"I don't know, but why are you wearing sunglasses... It's night time?" Jules asked as she pointed to the lean girl. Sam smiled as she put them back on.

"Because, it's bright with the huge ass fire, ya know? Anyway, Jemma, do you want something to drink?"

"Do you have anything stronger than Beer?" I asked as I rubbed my temples. Jules looked at me with an interested expression, but I brushed it off as I continued to watch Jedean laugh and smirk at the boy under her.

"Yeah... Lemme get you some drink."

I was so shitfaced that night, I think it was the first time ever that I had gotten drunk... like ever. I've drank before, but never to this extent. I was extremely friendly as I talked and laughed with Sam and Jules. They were both hilarious and easy going as made jokes and recited movies.

Jedean didn't cross my mind once and surprisingly I didn't even look over to her.

As a few hours passed, a few people had gone home, the fire was still roaring, and Jules was sitting rather close to me. My mind was hazy as I talked to her. Sam on the other hand fell asleep next to her boyfriend.

"So, you like girls, eh?" She asked as she scooted even closer. I smiled as I nodded. "I do too..." She said as she leaned in, her hand landing on my shoulder and her lips meeting my own. I could taste the awful taste of alcohol on her mouth, but I was too buzzed to really give a fuck now. Her hands wondered down to my shirt as her cold hands met my warm skin. "You taste like tequila." She giggled when she pulled away. I smirked as I pulled her back to me, nibbling on her lower lip.

A/N: Jemma, Jemma.. why, oh why!!!