-one: prologue

ROSIE HARRING AND JAMES POTTER WERE FRANTICALLY RUSHING TO KINGS CROSS STATION.

     Though they still had half an hour to get there, they thought it best to run and leave their parents to carry their trunks.

     "Hurry up, Potter!" Rosie yelled "don't wanna be late, do we!"

     "Shut it, Rosie!" James screamed his reply.

     The two eleven year olds giggled as they continued to run, pausing in their tracks every few minutes (still jogging on the spot, mind you) so that their parents had a chance to catch up.

      Rosie took those chances to use her inhaler if needed, being a severe asthmatic was not fun.

     After a few more minutes of running, when their legs felt as though they could no longer hold their weight, they caught sight of Kings Cross.

     "Rosie, look"

     "James, look"

     The two spoke at the same time and stared at the train station and all its glory. "Ready?" Euphemia Potter, James' mum, asked.

      They looked at each other, then at their parents before grinning and pulling them along.

     Once they were down at platforms nine and ten, James looked to Fleamont, his dad, and Euphemia and asked "which wall is it?"

     Fleamont was rather tall so it was easy for him to look over the crowds of people to see what he needed, "the next one, son" Fleamont told James before ruffling his hair "leave off, dad, it's messy enough how it is" James complained.

     "Oh, hush, James" Rosie laughed.

      This time, Rosie and James didn't run off as the platform was extremely crowded but instead, opted for holder their parents hands.

     Rosie held, Talia's, her mother and walked close beside her, being careful not to let go, in fear she might get lost.

     "Right o'" Fleamont began "remember to go at a bit of a run, it's much easier"

     Rosie and James shared a glance, they were about to run, head first, into a brick wall.

     They grabbed each others hands, shared one last glance, and began running at the wall at full speed. When neither felt the impact, they opened their eyes and look at the new scene surrounding them.

     The platform was extremely crowded and along the tracks was a Scarlett red train which read 'Hogwarts express' on the front.

     "Bloody brilliant" the children said in unison.

     They looked round and noticed their parents talking to a group of people, they assumed they all knew each other and decided to explore a bit.

     They passed a boy with dark, black hair whom was being gripped on his arm by his mother. Rosie and James heard a short snippet of their conversation "remember what your father and I told you, no talking to those filthy blood-traitors or even worse, mudbloods. Do us proud and stick with Bellatrix and Narcissa, stay away from Andromeda and her corrupt beliefs"

     The two couldn't believe what they were hearing and where about to interject when the boy spoke "yes, mother" and then walked away. Rosie was the first to make a move and go after him, she placed a hand lightly on his shoulder to stop him but the boy instantly flinched "Sorry" Rosie apologised immediately.

     "It's fine" he said

     Rosie heard someone panting behind her "Blimey, Rosie, since when can you run that fast" James chocked

     "Shut up, James, I'm busy" She brushed him off "so, I'm Rosie Harring and this is my best friend, James Potter, nice to meet you" Rosie greeted.

     Sirius stared at the girl in front of him, not because he knew of her families importance in the wizarding world but because of how relaxed and happy she seemed, it was quite an uncommon sight for him.

      Sirius quickly realised he was staring and cleared his throat "Sirius Black"

     "Well Sirius, we heard the conversation between you and your mother and we were wondering if you were alright" James blurted out. Rosie elbowed him in the stomach for being so blunt.

     "Oh, merlin, you heard what she said?" He asked (well, more like stated) "yes" Rosie answered.

     "Before you assume anything, I just — I want you to know I don't support her beliefs at all and"— Rosie cut Sirius off "it's alright, Sirius, relax"

     "Don't worry, mate" James told Sirius.

     The three continued their conversation all through the journey to Hogwarts. On the train, they even met two more boys, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

     Remus and Rosie became fast friends over their love of books and Rosie enjoyed Peters company and his knowledge of cakes and baking, something they found out that Sirius had never done.

     Rosie vowed to help Sirius learn to bake a cake within the first term at Hogwarts.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

This is the prequel to insanity (my story about Rosie's daughter, Aurora) so I hope you guy enjoy it. I've got some bits planned out but for now I'm going to go with the flow and write what I will.

-Author x