Mysterious Stranger

Sirix woke up inside of her temple-palace home... The morning sun shone through the palace's pillared walls and created a beautiful pattern on the ground as the serpent lady opened her fanged jaws and let loose a cute yawn. Her stoic cousin Jeanne was already up and giving her the stink eye... "You're the ALPHA! You need to see to it that this evening's festival goes as planned...now get up! The younger, redhead serpent snarled. Sirix stretched out and flicked her tail around herself in disappointment. "Ok!" She squealed in surprise. Sirix scoffed and descended down the path to the village square...

Her subjects were very busy, preparing the large space for the festival, the Greater Serpent Isles had a big event every other weekend. Sirix waved as several of her folks passed by. Some male patrons of the island gave her winks and catcalls... Sirix shrugged them off...as she was in no mood to flirt. Jeanne flicked Sirix's shoulder "Why aren't you interested in finding an alpha male! There's some good material here!" the all-too-wise 11-year old said with a glare. "No...I'm gonna wait for the right one to show up." Sirix responded nervously...as she preferred not to discuss these things. "Well...as alpha...you need to go down to the beach and catch some black marlin...Nobody bothered to...and it's almost everyone's favorite" Jeanne changed the subject and Sirix went back to her train of thought. "Right! And you need to help too, Missy. It was YOUR idea..." Sirix replied with a smirk and a wave of her toxic-colored tail. She was a Plasma Shaman after all, the last of her kind. Whatever happened to the rest is a mystery.

Once the cousins reached the shoreline, they noticed something clashing against the alabaster sands of the beach. Something...or someone was laying there. Jeanne got scared "It's a creature...I don't know if it's alive..." she mumbled. So, being the "wise" serpent she is, Jeanne got a stick and went to poke the..thing with it. Sirix gave chase "Let's not poke it...it may be alive...and awake" she stopped the younger serpent in her tracks with her tail. Jeanne pushed Sirix away "Naw...even if it IS alive...it's probably out cold." the "genius"  cousin spat back and started poking the thing in the side with the stick. "Breathing...but out" Jeanne gave the details while continuing poking the castaway stranger. Sirix had enough and snarl-hissed for Jeanne to back off...and she did...running with her own tail between her legs. Sirix's innate serpent curiosity took over. She circled the mystery visitor, crawling and waving her tail. Sirix observed the fainted guest and tilted her head to the side and chirped. The "creature" was a guy...and quite the looker in her eyes. Sirix leaned in a bit closer until she saw him move...and froze. He opened his aquamarine eyes...they were locked onto hers...Sirix only managed to utter a "...Hi..." before scampering away into the dense vegetation. 

The young man sat in the sand...head pounding... "I'm just a mess...a water shaman who can't control his powers...and thrown into the sea out of my own people's spite..." He sighed while holding his forehead in pain. "But who was that girl...she was...lovely...But I'm probably dreaming...I'll just follow where I think she went...if she is real" He shrugged before standing and following the path that Sirix made into the jungle's curtain of mystery.