The Cervocampus

Sirix was preparing her subjects for the sport that takes place on the highest tide of the summer. Where the players grab their prized water deer known as Cervocampus and race a perimeter in the open ocean, which Sirix and the judges oversee. Most of the participants are highly trained in the craft of owning and racing Cervocampus, who are meticulously trained and pampered. A curious Demyx wanted to join this sport to prove himself worthy to Sirix...and to his folks back where he lived...so he wrote his name on the list...A long time racer approached him and grabbed his wrist "You don't have a chance here...you know nothing about this sport and you never will...I'm just letting you join to watch you fail." he spoke with a smirk. Demyx pushed the hot-tempered serpent male and ran to the seaside in tears. 

"Why did I think this was a good idea...I'm not worthy of this sport...and certainly not worthy of Sirix..." he cried out to the waves. He slammed his fists down to the sand and tried to vent his frustration to the ocean. Demyx then decided to stroll the outer perimeter of the island. As he approached an area he had never seen, what he saw there was interesting. Lying on the rocks was a large creature..obviously bothered by something. Demyx nervously approached the beast...it was one of the Cervocampus species. It looked hurt in some way, which Demyx couldn't stand. He loves all creatures, and he knows this Cervocampus needs help. "Hey...you're alright" Demyx speaks softly to the Cervocampus, which caused it to snarl and snap. "It's ok...I'm not going to hurt you!" he yelped in a panic. The Cervocampus stood up, which revealed a large harpoon through its tailfin. Demyx had to remove it immediately, but the injured creature was aggressive. Demyx stealthily approached the Cervocampus from behind. He carefully removed the harpoon and the Cervocampus twitched...turning around. Demyx fell back scared as the Cervocampus leaned in...he expected it to bite. But surprisingly, the large water-deer didn't bite...It just stood there. Demyx nervously reached his hand to the Cervocampus above him...and what it did next, he never expected. The Cervocampus rested its head on his palm...accepting Demyx. "You...you trust me?" he stuttered. The Cervocampus licked Demyx's hand in response. "I...think I'm going to name you...Deep Blue..." Demyx smiled. The Cervocampus seemed to respond quickly to the name. wagging its tail. Demyx laughed as Deep Blue rolled around in the sand, bouncing back miraculously from the aggression. "I'm gonna show you to everyone...Ok Blue?" Demyx asked, which Deep Blue responded with a snort. 

Once Deep Blue was in the village square, people gawked... But they've seen the racing Cervocampus before. "But...guys...You've seen the ones that race...?" Demyx asked the village people with a confused expression. "Dude...it's the local Cervocampus Alpha you're walking with" a racer spoke up. Demyx gasped...Deep Blue was the Alpha of the island's pod? The bratty racer even seemed to be moved, which drew a smirk from Demyx...as the one who teased him is now regretting his words. "Fine! You can race! I won't be like that again!" the teasing male bowed in respect of Demyx's ability to tame the alpha. "Ok...I forgive you" Demyx smirked and Deep Blue snorted in approval. 

As if on cue, Sirix arrived in the village to see what the fuss was about. She looked at Demyx with Deep Blue and covered her mouth. "That's...that's the alpha! How did you...befriend him?" Sirix struggled to speak. "He was hurt...I pulled a harpoon out of his tail and he just seemed to take to me quickly." Demyx rubbed the nape of his neck. Sirix nodded and smiled sweetly "You are so kind to creatures...No wonder why the alpha took to you..." she replied and came closer to Demyx, inquisitively waving her tail. "And his name is Deep Blue.... Blue for short" Demyx added. "What a lovely name...fits him so well..." Sirix responded with a certain smitten tone to her voice. "I'm glad you think so...I think he'll be a good racer...no?" Demyx asked as took Sirix's hand "But of course! He's the alpha...but I bet he's never raced before... Tell ya what...I can help train him." Sirix answered with a cute smile. Demyx ruffled Sirix's hair "Thank you very much my dear, and I bet Blue will appreciate that..." Deep Blue responded with licking Sirix and Demyx both. "You're welcome, your Majesty..." Sirix petted Deep Blue and turned to Demyx once more...smiling and whispering to herself 

"Now that's a hero..."