Chapter 4 - The Return

One sentence. It was all that was needed to bring the Earth back to it's usual state of war. A fight for survival was about to take place that was beyond anything the universe had ever seen before. The evil Android 21, with a few simple words, had brought a plague upon the world that could easily bring upon the destruction of all life. 

Gohan felt his heart stop in his chest. 'Is that really what I just heard? Could it really be? This isn't possible...' he thought to himself. Placing a hand gently on his little brother's shoulder, Gohan pulled him back, out of the way of this new assailant. Goten didn't know what to think, he was too young to know of the evil that was Cell, before Gohan had defeated him 7 years ago. 

"I can grant that wish. However, since Cell is an unusual organism, I can only bring back the base form, no added power. Is this your wish?" Shenron broke the moment of silence that felt as if it had lasted forever. 

"Yes." the mysterious man replied simply, before turning and flashing a wicked grin to the group.

"It has been done." Shenron boomed. 

The Z-Fighters stood in silence, watching the man before them. He had blonde hair, with a "mohawk" type style on the front, and a few long, wispy strands that stuck out at the base of his neck. The rest of his head was shaved. What caught everyone's attention, however, was his face. The man's face had two tattoos, below the eyes, like arrows pointing downwards. They were a shade of blood-red, and gave him an appearance that was as sinister as his wish. His green eyes showed no sign of emotion, and no hint of humanity anywhere. He was very muscular, but still slight in stature, and his clothes appeared to have been chosen to show off his physique. 

He wore a dark green tank top, with a black denim vest over the top. The vest was tattered and torn in places, particularly on the sleeves, giving him a rough look. His black jeans and green and black boots completed his tough-guy look, but there was one other thing that caught Gohan's attenion. 

On the inside of the man's right forearm, there was a tattoo. The tattoo was shaped like a ribbon, and it was coloured red. Two letter "r"s decorated each side of the carefully placed ribbon, and as Gohan's eyes widened in understanding, the Android's menacing grin grew wider across his face. 

"He's an Android!" Gohan called out, finally pushing Goten behind him, in case he needed to protect his younger brother. 

"What?" Piccolo snapped, turning his head from the Android to Gohan, then back. "How do you know that?" 

"The eyes, the face.. The attitude. And the Red Ribbon tattoo on his right arm!" Gohan yelled back to Piccolo, who gazed at the tattoo; which the Android seemed to have no intention of hiding it. 

Gohan and Piccolo got into their fighting stances, taking a few clear steps in front of the others. Dende backed off, and Goten watched with an eyebrow raised as his brother got ready to fight. Videl, unsure of what was happening, pulled Goten and Trunks back, though Trunks - after hearing stories of his future doppelgänger - seemed to have some understanding that they were in trouble. 

Gohan stepped forward to make a move, knowing the Android could be dangerous, but the Android shook his head, wagging a finger at Gohan like a parent punishing a small child. Gohan stopped in his tracks, shocked. At first he thought the Android was going to attack him, but instead he just spoke 2 words in his deep, husky voice. 

"Not today." 

The confusing, multiple meaning phrase were the Android's last words before he took off, flying away too fast for any of the Z-Fighters to follow, and as an Android, they couldn't even sense where he was; which explained how he had managed to sneak up on them so well.