Chapter 10

“We’re home!” Hunter called as the door opened. I bounded into the living room where they were and I was surprised to see Asher with them.

  “Hey, they’re all out back.” I smiled at them before going up the stairs.

   “Where are you going?” Hunter asked crossing his arms.

  “I have to get something, now don’t be rude and go say hi. I’ll be down in a bit.” I told him slamming my bedroom door shut. I went over to my jewelry box and pulled out a beaded necklace that Harry gave me before going away. I smiled and looked out the window that overlooked the backyard and saw Harry, Asher, and Hunter talking while Danny, Beth, and Eli played on the gigantic play set.

   Asher had his hands in his pockets showing that he was uncomfortable. Why was he even here? Nevermind I don’t care, I like that he’s here. Asher looked at the door anxiously making me smile, I sighed when I noticed I had been staring at him for a good five minutes. I made my way down the stairs when the front door opened to reveal Grace and Logan.

  “Hey why don’t you answer our calls? Are you mad at us? At me?” Grace asked worriedly.

  I laughed shaking my head, “Not at all. Danny threw my phone in the toilet.”

  Grace laughed with me, “Danny is my hero.” I narrowed my eyes at her and she just smiled, “Lighten up. I’m glad you're not mad at me.”

  “That’s debatable.” I shrugged, “everyone’s out back.”

  “Everyone?” Logan asked, I forgot he was there.

   I nodded, “Harry’s here with his brother and sister, oh and Asher.” I smiled at his name hiding my face so they couldn’t see.

“You’re so weird, why do you like him.” Grace whined. I guess I could see where she was coming from, if she liked Hunter I would thinks she completely nuts.

“Because I don’t know, I just do, now give it a rest.” I smiled.

  “Tell me one reason why you like him.” Grace pressed as we walked into the backyard.

  “Like who?” Hunter asked.

   I glared at Grace and she smiled innocently, “Tell me one thing and I’ll drop it.”

  “Fine,” I sighed, “I don’t know I guess, I like how he makes me feel.”

  “How does he make you feel?” Asher asked staring at me.

    My eyes locked with his, “Special.” I told them all, quickly looking away from their questioning eyes and watched Danny and Eli playing.

    “Who?” Asher asked and I quickly shook my head my cheeks burning.

  “Nope can’t tell.” I muttered.

  “Come on we won’t laugh or make fun.” He pushed with a smile on his face but his eyes didn’t light up like they normally did.

“Yeah right.” I rolled my eyes, if he found out it was him he’d laugh in my face and never speak to me again! I can’t let that happen it would hurt way worse than him not knowing at all.

“Is it me?”

“What?” I asked shocked he’d come to that conclusion. My face heated up uncomfortably as I stared at him wide eyed.

  “Do you like me?” Asher asked again.

   Grace laughed lightly next to me, “Come on Ash seriously?” She asked while sending me a wink. “She’s so out of your league.”

  “Come on man, that’s my sister.” Hunter said shaking his head with disgust.

  “Your very hot sister.” Levi said from behind me. I groaned closing my eyes, annoyed. Don’t they ever go home?

An arm draped over my shoulders and I opened my eyes wide in surprise, “Miss me?” Chris asked smirking at me.

  “Not in the least.” I narrowed my eyes at him which only made his smirk widened.

  “Feisty.” He commented with a nod, “I like.”

  “I don’t.” I shrugged his arm off me. “What are you even doing here?”

  “That hurt Nora.” Levi put his hand over his heart and faked hurt, “We’re here for band practice.”

  “Oh.” I nodded making them laugh. I was disappointed, that was why Asher was here.

   “Did you want me to come over just for you?” Chris asked smiling.

  “You wish.” I muttered crossing my arms.

  “Oh baby, I do.” Chris told me caressing my face. I took a step back away from him and ran into someone.

  “Sorry.” I looked up and saw Asher glaring at Chris before looking down at me.

   “It’s alright.” He smiled then smacked Chris upside the head. I laughed and Chris gaped at us.

“Jeez I didn’t realize she was yours buddy.” Chris rubbed his head.    

“She’s not.” Asher told him, “She has her eye on someone else so leave her alone. Unless?” He looked over at me questioningly and I quickly shook my head.

“Definitely not.” He smiled at me and I noticed how his shoulders dropped, relaxing a little.

“Who is it then?” Levi asked coming up beside Chris who looked hurt. “Is it me? I bet it is.” He dragged out the ‘is’.

  I smiled but shook my head, “No thank you.”

   “Fine but you're missing out.” Levi shrugged.

   “Who ever he is, he's a lucky bastard.” Chris smirked teasingly.

    “Shut up.” I shoved him and he laughed grabbing my arm as he fell backwards.

“Chris!” I screamed as water surrounded us. Danny’s pool was set up and we just so happened to fall into it. “I hate you.” I grumbled but he wouldn’t let go of me.

“No you don’t. Come on swim with me.”

    “Let me go.” I tried pulling my arm away from him but he gripped tighter.

   “Not until you kiss me.”