Chapter 15

Asher ended up staying at our house for two days before his dad left again and he went back home. The two days that Asher spent at our house was probably the best two days of my life. I don’t know weather it was because he was around me basically the whole time or the fact that he kissed me whenever Hunter wasn’t in the room. I know, I know it sound like we kissed all the time but sadly that was not the case. Hunter only left us alone three times for no longer than two minutes, so you can see how this frustrated me to no end.

I was jamming to music in my room my eyes closed when a knock rapped on my door. I jumped off the bed and sprinted to the door, I threw it open and I gasped at my dad. What was he doing here? “Daddy?” I asked shocked.

“May I come in sweetheart.” I nodded my head quickly gesturing towards the open room.

“What’s wrong? Is everything alright?” I questioned when I couldn’t handle the silence as my dad stared at me tears in his eyes.

“She’s coming home.” He smiled happily while tears ran down his cheeks. Seeing my father cry broke my heart, even if the tears were of joy.

“S-she is? Is she better? Does she remember?” I rushed out quickly, hoping for the best but that was crushed when my father shook his head more tears running down his face.

“She’s the same and no, no she doesn’t remember yet. The doctors think it would be best if she came home and remembered on her own for awhile.” He told me avoiding eye contact.

I nodded sadly, tears also escaping my eyes, I don’t know if I can handle this, I’ve been avoiding her for so long. I wouldn’t even know what to say. “When?” I asked watching as I  twiddled my thumbs.

“This weekend.” He sighed, “Don’t go to Grace’s and don’t have anybody over.” I nodded in understanding as he stood up from my desk chair. “I have to get back to work after I talk to Hunter. Pick up Danny from Chase’s with you?”

“Of course dad.” I smiled slightly as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Thanks Nora. You’ll see, this will work.” He kissed my forehead, “You are so much like your mother.” he whispered before leaving.

I sat there stunned. My mother was coming home, my heart clenched sadly. I shouldn’t have avoided her for so long I knew this would happen eventually. I grabbed my phone quickly and hit two on my speed dial.

  “Hey chica, what’s up?” Grace greeted me.

“She’s coming home and I don’t know what to do, how to act, what to say. I’m freaking out!” I cried into the phone.

“Nora. It’s okay, alright. I’ll be right over, we’ll figure this out together.” She told me quickly. I sighed with relief I knew I could count on her, what were best friends for anyway, right?

“Thanks you so much Gracie.” I hiccupped into the phone causing her to laugh.

“Don’t thank me yet. I’ll be there in a bit but are you going to be alright till I get there?” She asked concern slipping into her voice. “If you’re going to have a panic attack, I’d rather I stay on the phone with you till I get there.”

“I’m fine Grace really, just hurry please.” I pleaded just as I heard the front door shut and footsteps on the stairs. “Are you here already? Wow you’re fast.” I laughed slightly when my door flew open and my breath caught as I stared at a perfect Asher. His hair was windswept and his breathing was fast, like he ran the whole way here. His face held so much concern, love and worry. Whoa love? My heart rate picked up and I stood up quickly my hand dropping from my ear as I stared at him.