VIII

I felt like a zombie as I walked through the school hallways. I also felt lightheaded from lack of sleep and my feet dragged making sloshed noises. I couldn't care less, though.

I dragged myself earlier to school to be able to get some alone time and hoped to prepare myself to face people with a better mood than the one I woke up in.

The hallways were predictably empty and eerily quiet as I walked. I didn't pay much attention to where I was going, I simply allowed my instincts to lead me to the teacher's lounge.

As I turned to the left wing, I heard some strange noises that rose as I approached the janitor's closet. Once I reached the source of the sound, I thought I'd heard something that sounded a hell lot like moaning.

I went to turn the doorknob, but decided on putting my ear to the door to be sure. It was quiet for a few seconds, then it picked up again. Loud, high-pitched, girly moans; one after the other.

"What the fuck?!" I complained aghast as I barged the door open.

There was a couple all over each other on the floor. They jumped out of their spots when the door banged on the wall behind it and faced me with horrified faces.

If I weren't in such a bummed mood (or a teacher, for that matter), I would've laughed hysterically at their expressions. Instead, I simply crossed my arms across my chest and posed the best angry face I could muster.

The boy's shaggy brown hair and tall lean body was impossible not to recognize, but the girl... I wasn't so sure.

Nathan swiftly thrusted his body upward to a standing position, uncovering the girl he was with. He rapidly zipped his pants and combed his fingers through his shaggy brown hair, all the while glancing up at me. I did my best to look anywhere but his chest. So I looked back at the girl; her strawberry blond hair was a tangled mess around her face. She tried to do the same as Nathan had without much avail. The piece of cloth she wore was only recognizable as a dress after she fixed the straps over her shoulder and slid its' skirt back down to her thighs as she got up as well.

I tilted my head swiftly towards the door. She quickly searched around for her flip-flops and made her way out, understanding my requisition. He made an attempt to follow her but I stepped casually in between him and the exit.

I raised an eyebrow, unfolded my arms then raised them to my hips, waiting for an explanation.

"What, a guy can't have his privacy?" he queered.

I was appalled. "Don't you have a house or something?"

He slid his fingers through his hair again to take them from his green eyes so he could look me in mine. I blinked, but stood my ground. "Yeah, I do. But I prefer taking risks," he smirked.

I fumed, rolled my eyes then turned around to leave.

He grabbed me by the wrist and spun me around to face him.

"Owwwwwwwwwwww!" I screeched.

He frowned, still holding my arm. "What's wrong?"

I pulled my arm from his grip, biting my lip to ignore the pain.

"It's none of your business," I spat, clutching my arm to my abdomen.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "You're not going to tell Mr. Kozlov we were in here, are you?"

"No! I'm not a snitch," I said through clenched teeth.

He released a sigh of relief.

"But I am going to flunk you if you continue skipping my class to do whatever you're doing."