January

Another chapter! Enjoy!!!

1/16/95

Today, during our visit to Hogsmeade, we ran into Rita Skeeter, the news reporter for the Daily Prophet. She wrote that article back in November that was supposed to be an article on the Triwizard Tournament, but turned out to be a life story all about Harry. Rita also wrote a very untruthful article about Hagrid that appeared almost two weeks ago. Anyway, when Rita passed by our table in the Three Broomsticks, Harry stood up and began to angrily start a conversation with her. A few sentences later, it became a shouting match. Soon, the whole bar was listening to every word. When Rita asked if Harry would like to give his interview on "the Hagrid he knew", I intervened. I was quiet, unlike Harry, but that didn't stop my anger from showing, as I gritted my teeth. She replied coldly to my comment on her. I practically dragged Harry and Ron out, trying to avoid trouble, if possible. Another reason I wanted to leave quickly, was to be sure that my anger didn't spill out. When I become angry, you don't want to be anywhere near me, since I usually explode like a volcano. I think I demonstrated this well on the night of the Yule Ball, and unfortunately for Ron, he couldn't escape. So, I walked hurriedly back to Hogwarts, the boys following my lead, their ragged breathing heard behind me. Ron warned me all the way there that I should watch myself, and that I shouldn't of gone "upsetting Rita Skeeter". I ignored this, fuming about how much she was going to pay. As we reached the grounds, we steered towards the direction of the large hut on the edge of the forest. I marched right up to the wooden house and began to bang loudly on the door, yelling to Hagrid that he shouldn't listen to "that foul Skeeter woman" as I called her, and that he should come out immediately. About ten seconds later, the brown oak door opened, but the tall figure standing in the doorway wasn't Hagrid. It was Professor Dumbledore. Not feeling so brave anymore, I muttered that we wanted to see Hagrid. Surprisingly, he invited us in. I accepted, continuing my sudden soft-spokeness. All of us, even Professor Dumbledore, tried to convince Hagrid that we missed him, and wanted him back. Eventually, he agreed. But what cause him to leave in the first place, you wonder. Well, on the first day of term, when we arrived at Care of Magical Creatures, Hagrid was nowhere to be seen. In his place was an elderly witch with graying hair, Professor Grubbly-Plank. When Harry questioned her on the whereabouts of Hagrid, she didn't respond. Anyway, that doesn't matter. Here's what does. That was the day that Rita's article had appeared. It was about how Dumbledore had made a mistake in choosing Hagrid to work at Hogwarts, because of Hagrid's background. Apparently, his mother was Fredwulfa, one of the many giants rumored to be abroad at the moment. And according to my knowledge, giants are supposed to be cruel, vicious creatures that enjoy killing. No wonder Hagrid wasn't teaching. But what Harry, Ron, and I are wondering is how Rita's getting all this information. She must be using some form of invisibility, or disguise. I'll have to do some research. But until then, I just need to relax for once.

1/22/95

During Charms class today, Harry informed Ron and I of his adventure last night with Snape, Filch and Moody. It all began when he went to the Prefect's bathroom to figure out the clue, he told us. I interrupted, quickly questioning Harry on what he meant by saying that 'he went to figure out the clue'. You see, Harry has already told me that he figured out the clue, so I believed him when he said that. Obviously, he never did figure it out. Anyway, as he was walking through the empty corridors after leaving the Prefect's bathroom, he checked the Marauder's Map and claimed that Bartemius Crouch's name was on there. Unfortunately, Harry was too occupied with the map at the time to not notice the trick step of the staircase. His leg caught, he witnessed a conversation between Snape, Filch, and Moody. After Snape and Filch left, Moody helped Harry out and advised him to go back to bed. We all wondered why the map showed Mr. Crouch, especially since he's sick; or was supposed to be. A lot of strange things have been happening at Hogwarts. Some have become terrible enough; let's just hope they don't get too serious.