June

Thanks for the long wait! This is one of the longest chapters ever! So many new things happen, read on! Don't forget, all rights go to J.K. Rowling for this wonderful book and quotes.

6/1/95

Last night, Ron and I spent yet another night staying up late with Harry, now discussing Mr. Crouch's son, Mr. Crouch, Snape, and Voldemort. During Divination yesterday afternoon, Harry had gone directly to Dumbledore, due to the fact that he had experienced a dream. The two talked for a time, and as soon as Harry had sent his letter to Sirius, he turned to us and repeated the story. The dream had been about Voldemort and Wormtail. According to Voldemort, Wormtail had made a mistake, and was not going to be fed to Nagini. Instead, he, Harry, was to be fed to the snake instead. Professor Dumbledore concluded that Harry's dreams most likely are real and that his scar hurts when Voldemort is near. Ron and I comforted him last night, assuring him that he was safe as long as Dumbledore was around, but I still think he's afraid. Not really afraid, just..... Uneasy. He knows that Voldemort can't hurt him, but he's still worried. I would be too, not knowing whether or not the wizard who killed my parents is still alive, trying to kill me as well. Sometimes I wonder how Harry deals with all this. I'm not sure if I would be able to take it. I think I could, but still; I don't want to find out. The Third Task being only weeks away, I should probably be with Harry right now, helping him review the spells we've learned so far. As I said before, he's having some trouble with the Stunning Spell. Nervous for the Third Task!

6/5/95

Harry has already mastered three spells since we've started practicing; the Impediment Curse, the Reductor Curse, and the Four-Point Spell. I'm very proud of him, even though he still hasn't mastered the Stunning Spell. I suppose he'll get it eventually. As we were practicing today, Ron, who was leaning against the window, noticed an interesting scene down below. We saw Malfoy with his thuggish friends, Crabbe and Goyle. Malfoy was holding up something to his mouth, as if he were talking to whatever was in his hand. I thought for a few seconds, but coming up with no ideas, I advised Harry to practice the Stunning Spell. When I'm not practicing with Harry or studying for my exams, I'm racing to the library to investigate ways of illegall transformation. Rita Skeeter can't hide forever.

6/24/95

It's the day of the Third Task! Only a few moments ago, in the Great Hall, I received a huge shock looking at the front page of the Daily Prophet, while the newspaper received a mouthful of pumpkin juice. Obviously, Harry and Ron had seen my reaction, and so they asked what had happened. I tried to hide the paper, but I knew it was no use. Ron was too quick, and he grabbed the paper, read the headline, and tried to hide the paper, much like I did. From across the Great Hall, came a shout from a voice we hated just as much as Rita; Draco Malfoy. Harry knew something was up, so he demanded for the paper. Very unwillingly, Ron handed it to him. After reading the article, Harry had quite the opposite expression I imagined he would have. Instead of bursting with anger, he quietly folded up the paper and ignored the jeering Slytherins. Seconds later, the topic of how Rita receives her information was once again brought up, this time by Ron. We confirmed that the day Harry was in Divination, he opened up the window. Confused, I asked how Harry's voice could have carried all the way down to the grounds. Harry responded by reminding me that I'm "supposed to be researching magical methods of bugging." Exasperated, I told him that I've been trying, but...... I stopped there because a sudden thought occurred to me, a thought that hadn't occurred before. There was one thing in common from most of the scenes that Rita must have been at to get the information. I ran my fingers through my thick, knot of curls, remembering a scene. But it couldn't be. How could she..... She's not allowed..... or is she? Could she be transforming without becoming an Animagus. Becoming an illegal Animagus. Now that's probably it. I just need to find one more piece of information just to make sure. Suddenly remembering Harry and Ron, I told them that I was going to the library and would be back very soon, hoping that what I would find would end this once and for all. Five minutes later, I successfully found it, and in about one more minute, I was seated, ready for our History of Magic exam to begin. I ran through most of the names of the goblins and what they were famous for. Soon enough, the test began. Not long after, it was finished. At least for me it was. Some people, I could see, still had about fifty more questions, one of those persons being Ron. I smiled to myself as I laid my head down softly on the wooden desk. He'll get it eventually, I thought.