Chapter 4: The Bite Of The Sword

3rd person POV

The bell rang as the last few students took their seats. After Glynda Goodwitch took her attendance she began to inform the class that the sparring session had been changed slightly.

Goodwitch: "Instead of you students fighting one on one, your teams will be facing Mr. Y/N today."

As she finished her statement Y/N emerged into the arena and stood in the center.

Y/N: "Now which of your teams shall face me first."

Cardin, the leader of team CRDL, raised his hand.

Cardin: "we'll take on the lump of metal. Come on boys."

Team CRDL then left to get their weapons and equipment. After a few minutes they were  entering the arena and taking positions around Y/N.

Y/N's POV

He began saying a prayer to the god emperor for strength and vigilance in the battle, though he knew it would be very brief due to the teams cocky and overconfident nature. He gripped the haft of the hammer tight as he awaited his enemy. After a minute Cardin ordered his team to attack. Y/N anticipated an all out rush but not one so sloppily done. He turned and in one circular swing of his hammer, he laid them out cold. He sighed and looked up to the students.

Y/N: "If these four represent what you have been taught at the lower level academies, then i am sorely disappointed."

He raised his his hammer and pionted it towards the class.

Y/N: "so here is my challenge, send me your best fighter, and if he or she can actually five minutes in the arena with me, I will answer any and every question you might have about me. now who shall you send?"

The room grew silent until one red headed girl raised her hand. The class let out a gasp and some even cheered her on. Y/N smiled at the fact she was the only to do so even after the fact he mopped the floor with team CRDL. After afew minutes the girl entered the ring.

Y/N: "And your name is miss?"

Student: "Pyrrha Nikos, Mr. Y/N."

Y/N: "and you understand that i will not be going easy on you?"

Pyrrha: "yessir."

Y/N smiled under his helm and raised his hammer, filling it with his psychic energies. He slowly walked forward, his pace growing until he was out right charging at her. But to his surprise she did not move, not one inch. He swung the hammer downward at her. As a large cloud of dust exploded from the arena floor he turned to see she had actually dodged along with actually landing a hit on him. He turned to her his eyes now glowing bright with psychic energy.

Y/N: "I must say, that was impressive. But how can you handle something beyond what you can comprehend."

Y/N began to fire bolts of lightning at her. Closing the distance with each burst. The plan was to was to keep her behind her shield until he was close enough to deliver the final blow. As he reached her, he ripped her shield out of her hands and kicked her weapon away as he charged his power into the hammer. As he was about to unleash the terrible power within it a bell rang out. Five minutes have passed and pyrrha had survived it. He sighed as the power dissipated and turned to the class.

Y/N: "It seems that mrs. Nikos here has made it to the five minute mark. As promised, tomorrow will be a day to learn about me, and in vice versa, i will learn about you. Is that understood?"

The class nodded as the bell rang. He turned and walked out of the arena and back to his office. He needed to sit and meditate on how he was going to turn these children into Remnant's most disciplined warriors.