Chapter Three

Missing in Action

Chapter Three

Louis' P.O.V

The next morning, I woke up on the floor by the door to my alarm. I must have fallen asleep there, but I could not recall why I had been there in the first place. I checked my phone to see the I had twenty four missed calls and a voice mail from Cassidy and a missed call from my mum. I clicked on the voice mail from Cassidy, deciding that I could phone my mum later.

"Hi Louis. I just think that I need to apologise. I don't know if that's why you're not talking to me. Anyway I was just phoning you to say that I really am sorry. I shouldn't of suggested it, I just really wanted to see you, and I... I should stop talking now. I'll see you when I get back," Cassidy said. She'd sounded upset, like she'd been crying.

Cassidy always thought it was her fault when things went wrong. When we were in high school, we'd always laugh about it after I came out of the headteacher's office and Cassidy would always apologise for not getting into trouble with me. That was one of the best things about Cassidy, you were never alone as long as she was there for you.

"I'm sure it'll have been worth it when I sort my mess out," I whispered at the phone.

I got up off the floor and started the morning routine. I showered, styled my hair and then finished packing. We were catching a ferry to France in three hours so we needed to load the bus as soon as possible. The road trip was better than working around airport strikes.

When I was finished, I wheeled my suitcase to the lift. Liam and Harry were waiting for the lift too.

Liam glared at me slightly. Harry gave me a look that told me that I should talk to Liam. I glared at him.

"Hey Liam," I said.

"What Louis?" he snapped. It was clear that he was still mad at me, but we'd have to forgive each other at some point.

"I'm sorry," I said.

He grunted in reply. He was going to forgive me at some point, he always did... eventually.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket. This time I answered it, because if I didn't, she was going to phone me at every opportunity she got.

"I swear that if you phone me one more time I am going to break that goddam phone of yours!" I exclaimed down the phone.

Harry sniggered behind me.

"But then you'd miss me too much," Cassidy stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"True. So what do you want?" I asked. I had to avoid using her name because the boys were here.

"I thought you were mad at me," she stated bluntly.

"And why would I be mad at you Davis?" I asked.

"You ignored me all night Tomlinson and that is very rude!" she joked.

"So why are you actually calling," I asked.

"Just to see if you're okay and to let you know that your ferry might be a little late," she commented.

"What do you mean the ferry is going to be late?" I demanded.

"Do you know how long it takes for an aircraft carrier to get out of the port?!" she exclaimed.

"Okay. I'm fine by the way," I replied.

"That's good. Well I've got to go. I'll see you when I get back," she said.

"Good luck Davis," I said. "I might see you for the wedding?"

"I don't know, but I'll try to get there. If I don't, congratulate them for me," she said.