Chapter Thirty One

Missing in Action

Chapter Thirty One

Cassidy's P.O.V

We crashed to the floor. The knife was at his throat, and I knew that I would kill this man. In the very back of my brain, that scared me.

"I want names!" I hissed at him.

Something wild had taken over me. Hot rage was burning my skin and the morale part if me was drowning. Part of me was lost, and someone was going to pay. The rage threatened to crush me, and I would let it.

The man froze. He saw what I was capable of and he knew that I wanted to kill him.

He chocked out a laugh.

I slashed the knife down the right side of his face. Blood began to trickle down his face. It was going to leave a nasty scar.

"I want your name NOW!" I yelled.

He turned his head to the side.

"You'll kill me anyway," he hissed.

"You've got a point," I stated.

The blood was beginning to pool under his head.

"Captain Tom Scott," he chocked out.

It only took one blow to knock him out. He slumped to the floor.

I grabbed the gun from his unconscious body. It was fully loaded.

Such a devastating mistake, I thought.

I ran to the side of the door and listened. No one seemed to have heard all of the commotion. I began to wonder where the two men were.

I moved the door slightly. The scraping barely made a sound.

Outside, there was a long corridor stretching to the left. I could barely see the end of it. It was barely lit, and the floor was damp. It was cool inside though. To the right was a dead end with a table resting against the wall. It was litter with objects, but I didn't pay attention to them.

I stepped out into the corridor.

The damp air felt strange. For weeks, I had only known the suffocated air caused by the scorching heat that was classed as summer here.

I went to walk down the corridor on the left, but a soft glow on the table caught my eye.

I walked quickly to the table.

There was a dirty lamp propped up by the wall. The shade was so covered in grime that I could barely see what was placed on the table.

My hand gun was glinting in the semi-darkness, and next to it was a small, rectangular piece of material. It was half covered in blood, but I recognised it as the part of my uniform the showed my rank. It was the material that I had ripped off.

I picked it up and rubbed it between my fingers.

All of my escape plans faded away, and I could only think of my family and home. They knew that I had killed people, but never like this. But I didn't have a choice. I couldn't let myself die there.

I pulled my dog tags out of a hidden pocket in my tattered uniform and rested them on the palm of my hand. They glowed softly in the light from the lamp.

The glow reminded me of my father. He had always wore his dog tags, even when he slept. They always shone when he was outside chasing me and my brothers around the garden.

I smiled faintly.

I wondered what he would think of all this.

He didn't talk for days after Daniel went missing, and he cried at night. He thought that no one herd him, but I did. I remember lying awake at night listening to him, wondering if he would ever stop.

But he would've told me to never give up. I put all of the items in my hands in my pocket and grabbed both of the guns.

Then I headed towards the door.

******

I knew where the door was before I was even close to it. Bright light poured through the corridors.

Almost there, I thought.

I tried not to think about the trail of bodies that I had left behind me. Each one had gone down without a sound.

I didn't want to know how many people I had killed, but I knew in my heart that it would never match the thousands of people that they had killed.

I sneaked a look around the corner.

A large space spread out before me. It was empty, but there were doors across from me that were letting in a pleasant breeze and the sound of running.

It worried me that I hadn't heard these sounds before, but as I was creeping from corridor to corridor, I had noticed that the building must have been quite large.

I tried to work out where I was. I must have been close to where the hostile territory ended, but I couldn't be sure.

I bolted across the area to the door and gazed out of a nearby window.

At first, I couldn't see anything, but my eyes adjusted to the light slowly.

I gasped at the sight in front of me.

A large, walled-in space spread out before me. It was marked off into different sections by metal fences with a long road stretching down the middle. All the sections led out into the middle road.

Men and machines moved about within the space. Most were performing drills and some were yelling at the others.

This was a training camp for terrorists, and it was right on the front line.

I clutched the gun that was in my hand tighter.

I looked out the window again and scanned the nearest wall to the door. It was to my left. The cracked creme surface was about 12ft high and was capped with wicked looking barbed wire that gleamed in the sunlight.

I looked down at my battered and bloodied uniform. It was my blood alone that covered it. Blood that these people had made me shed. It wouldn't take long for them to notice me, but I didn't care. Let them see me for the fighter that I am.

I counted to three and then I ran.

I got quite far before I was noticed. I was half way to the wall before I heard the first shout.

At first, they were all just baffled like they were wondering where on earth I had come from. Then orders were balked and the pounding of feet followed me.

I had a head start, and the wall was almost close enough.

I began to fire shots behind me without looking. I heard groans behind me and heavy objects hitting the floor. I still had a very good aim, even if I wasn't looking.

I was at the fence within a few seconds, and I began to climb quickly.

The wall was rough and the deep cracks made good handholds. I found the wall easy to climb, but I knew that I was easier to target on the wall.

My right hand was reaching for the barbed wire when everything went black.

It would always be reaching for the freedom that I would never have again.

++++++++++
A/N- Hi Guys! Sorry this chapter is short, but it was kind of a filler. Anyway, I would really appreciate more votes and comments.

Imagine_Fiction