Chapter Nineteen

Missing in Action

Chapter Nineteen

James' P.O.V

I flew slowly towards Camel Hump 9. There was fuel leaking into the air. A small beeping noise filled the cockpit. I tapped on the screen to see if it was safe to get fuel.

"Thin air. Ignition risk: moderate," the automated voice said.

"We don't have a choice," I told the system. "In we go".

I flew towards the leak. The plane fuel had left the sky tinged green. As I flew towards it, I realised that the gas was in an almost perfect circle.

I approached the pump with extreme caution. Only one had the pump head, but the other didn't. They only way that that could have happened was if Kerry had shot it off, and that meant she had fuel.

I frowned as I flew closer.

I lined up to the pump and flew gently towards it. It didn't feel right to use American fuel, but I was out of options.

My fuel rod connected to the pump. I pressed a few buttons and began to refuel.

I looked around me again.

"Where are you? I know you're out here," I said.

I knew that Kerry couldn't hear me since I had turned my team radio off when Cassidy had started to head back. She should be landing by now.

I saw a silver blur pass behind me and I whipped around to see if I could see what it had been.

Suddenly, Kerry shot straight past me.

I turned my team radio back on and eyed my fuel count. My tanks were almost full.

"Are you going to quit playing around anytime soon?" I asked.

I looked around to see if I could see her, by she had disappeared again. I was frantically looking around me now. I didn't know what she was planning.

"You ordered Henry to kill me," she accused.

"Because you're out of control," I replied.

She was flying around me in a circle now. I had to keep her talking until I had a full tank again.

She laughed.

"You're angry because we were the whole point of this tour, aren't you James?" she challenged.

I was angry, but not because of that. She had killed my best friend and Comrade.

"You like listening to other people's conversations, don't you," I said.

I watched her circle the fuel pump again.

"You learn what people really think," she stated bluntly.

I looked at my fuel count. Just a few more seconds...

"You know what I think?" I said. "I think you killed Henry".

She laughed again and circled around me, but she didn't start another lap around me. Instead, she was heading straight for the line of leaked fuel.

"That information is wrong!" she hissed. "He tried to kill me, and he made mistakes".

"I'm going to give you the order one last time: return to the ship, or I will personally shoot you down," I growled.

"Not a chance," she said and she blasted herself towards the fuel. The line began to burn with fire just a my tank finished filling.