Chapter 2 | The Boy Who Lived

¡THIS IS NOT MY STORY! The story was make by nyxblack on fanfiction.net.

----------

Once more calmed after her emotional outburst, settled into the comfortable fabric of the magically lengthened chair, fabric-clad thigh pressed firmly against Newt's own, a steaming cup of tea in hand Hermione begins her tale.

"Harry James Potter - Where do I begin? I told you how we became friends, thanks to the troll incident, but that wasn't truly our first meeting. Though, perhaps. Perhaps it's best to start at the very beginning," Hermione shudders a deep breath, holding her steaming cup of tea close to her chest as a chill runs through her body.

A pause. Hermione furrows her brow, seemingly lost in thought before setting her tea to the side, turning to face Newt.

"Newt." She begins, a thoughtful expression on her face. "I don't believe I'm wrong to trust you, but what I'm about to tell you - it's of the utmost importance that the information I share, here and now, stays between us." She pauses again, taking another deep shaking breath of air into her lungs before continuing. "I'm still not entirely sure how my presence has affected the timeline; perhaps these events have ceased to exist thanks to my presence. But what I'm about to tell you, the information I'm about to share, it's extremely sensitive information, which in the wrong hands could probably bring about the end of the Wizarding world as we know it."

Newt looks into Hermione's eyes, silence filling the air. He tilts his head in the slightest of nods. Exhaling, Hermione scoops her tea back into her hands, seeking its warmth. She clears her throat before beginning her tale.

"In 1980, a prophecy was given, 'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord Approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...' You see, this prophecy, despite my reservations regarding the Divination, was indeed a true prophecy. It was a catalyst for much of what was to come."

"Ah- not one for divination then?" Newt suddenly interrupts, attempting to lighten the mood a little. He needs to shake off the feeling of foreboding that crept along his senses somehow.

Hermione laughs, a wistful smile on her face. "Not at all." She replies, taking a sip of her tea. "A story for another day, perhaps."

"Now where was I... Ah, yes. You see the prophecy in question referred to the 'Dark Lord' and one Harry James Potter, a half-blood wizard who would be born that very year. Unfortunately, an agent of the dark heard only the first part of the prophecy. He returned to his master and relayed what he had found." Newt can see the sadness crossing her face at the mention of this 'dark agent' as silence hangs in the air, he furrows a brow in thought, storing the information away for later. "Despite not knowing the full prophecy and being aware that there were two young boys who met the requirements. He chose to focus his attentions on Harry, who was a half-blood like him. On the 31st of October, 1981 the Dark Lord attacked the Potter residence, killing James and Lily Potter before turning his wand on young Harry. Although, I'm sure he believed it would be easy, killing a small defenceless child. He was wrong. The killing curse rebounded, destroying his physical form and scarring young Harry."

She pauses again, gathering her voice. "The Wizarding World rejoiced. The Dark Lord was defeated. The world was finally at peace, and Harry became known as 'The Boy Who Lived', though the Wizarding world not sees young Harry again for many years yet." Her voice drips with bitterness at the thought.