Chapter 6 | Percival Graves and a Mysterious Letter

¡THIS IS NOT MY STORY! The story was make by nyxblack on fanfiction.net.

——————————

Gone. Gellert Grindelwald, the greatest war criminal of their time was gone.

Madame Picquery continues staring at the glowing, metallic map of New York City, held within the Major Investigation Department of the MACUSA. She's struggling to maintain her composure as a number of emotions surge within her tired, weary form.

A handful of Aurors mill around, cautiously glancing at her from the corners of their eyes.

Though she would never speak of such perceived weakness aloud, Seraphina Picquery can't help but think that they were judging her, blaming her for all the chaos and destruction mere hours ago.

Over forty Aurors, various employees and a few unlucky No-Maj were seriously injured or killed during Grindelwald's escape. The MACUSA was now on lock down. A state of emergency was declared. However, those were not the only casualties of the day.

Percival Graves, a well-respected Auror, Director of Magical Security and Head of MACUSA's Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Dead. The search-and-rescue mission carried out during Grindelwald's escape was a success; they located and found him. However, it was a little shock to learn of his demise.

It was suspicious that Grindelwald was so forthcoming with his information. He didn't lie when he gave them the location of the true Percival Graves. He simply failed to mention what state they'd find him in.

According to the healer, Graves has been dead for months. They believed he was killed shortly after being kidnapped after Grindelwald assumed his identity. Sometime in December, they estimated in regards to his D.O.D, although the damage done to his body was far too great to confirm the time and cause of death.

Seraphina Picquery cares very little for such things, given the current state of the MACUSA, she has no doubt in her mind that her approval rating is plummeting with each passing moment. It's likely that this is her final term as President, but she's determined to not go down in history as the President who allowed Grindelwald to escape and continue his reign of terror.

What's done is done. Taking a breath, she shakes away that inconsequential train of thought, dark eyes focusing once more on the metallic image before switching it off.

Nothing. Not one sign of Grindelwald or his mysterious accomplices. He could be halfway across the world by now, and it is all her fault!

The International Confederation of Wizards was summoned, a number of high-ranking officials from all over the world will join them shortly. They were preparing the Pentagram Office for their imminent arrival.

With a heavy sigh, Madame Picquery pivots on her heel and exits the room, making her way through the newly repaired halls to the interrogation rooms, in the depths of the MACUSA. She was eager for answers, desperate for any piece of information they could learn about Gellert Grindelwald and his 'Grand plans' for the Wizarding world.

"He's escaped." The old hag's quiet words catch Credence Barebone's attention. His unsettling dark eyes falling upon the hag and her chosen companion as he melts further into the shadows of the alley, careful to remain silent and out of sight, ears straining to listen in on their hushed conversation. "Grindelwald, he's escaped."

With three simple words, the old hag has chilled him to the core.

Panic builds, heart rate increasing as he struggles to breathe, that terrifying and all-consuming power threatens to consume him.