NOT! 0 ; p r o l o g u e

*picks up right were chapter eight left off in District 9*

To say Seungmin was excited was an understatement. He was so excited he had started to become a little hyper, but not too hyper. Hyunjin next to him though, was almost sulking, he was spacing out often too. It took the excited puppy boy a while to realise his best friend's state, but once he did, he immediately asked him about it, hoping the older would open up. Seungmin knew that if there was a very touchy subject Hyunjin wouldn't always tell him, for he didn't want to worry the younger, but he would eventually open up.

"Hey Jinnie, what's wrong?" Seungmin asked with a soft voice rubbing the raven haired male's back softly.

Hyunjin was brought back to the present when he heard Seungmin speak. "Hmm? What did you say Minnie? Sorry, I spaced out." He replied quietly, his chin still resting on his knees.

"No worries, and I asked what's wrong. You seem down." The younger pointed out with a slight frown.

"Don't frown Minnie," Hyunjin said, lifting the corners of Seungmin's mouth with both of his index fingers. "It's nothing." He whispered.

"Jinnie! Shouldn't we be excited! We just got out of the system! It's time to enjoy our freedom!" Seungmin said, flailing his arms close to his body, as to not attract to much attention.

Upon seeing the older was going to stay quiet, Seungmin hugged Hyunjin. "Hyunjin, please tell me what's wrong." He said with a serious, yet still full of concern and care for the older.

Giving up, the older replied with a sigh. "You know what happened with dad, right?" He asked and Seungmin nodded. "And how mom and I were closer than ever after that?" Seungmin nodded again. "Well, after she found out about my conditioning sessions it seemed as if all of that had never happened. As if all of our love, and trust towards each other had never been there. She said that I wasn't her son and stuff like that. Even though I know it was my fault it still hurts, y'know? Specially when she is the last parent or relative I have left..." Hyunjin explained with a soft voice, not wanting to speak too loud in order for the others not to hear. "I never got a chance to fix things with her, and now that we're out of there and I know I'll never see her again it makes me feel guilty and regretful. I wish I could have at least fixed things before I left..." He finished and Seungmin kept on hugging him, swaying him to calm him down. Hyunjin held back his tears.

"Jinnie..." Seungmin whispered in his ear, "cry if you need to, don't hold it back." Hyunjin just shook his head in return. "I don't want them to see and question me."

"They won't judge you." Seungmin tried reasoning.

"It's not that I care about them judging me, or seeing me cry, it just... I don't know why, but it takes me time to open up about these things and tell people even if I know them. It's not that I don't trust them, I just... I just can't... I don't know why, but I just don't don't feel comfortable with telling stuff to just anyone." He said with a sigh.

Seungmin nodded his head. "Alright, sorry for pressuring you."

"It's okay. I'll tell you stuff, just... I won't always say it right away, okay? Sometimes it'll take me a while to open up, but I will talk to you okay?" Hyunjin said, huddling closer to Seungmin.

"Okay, sorry again." Seungmin said, wrapping his arms around Hyunjin to keep him close and comfort him.

"It's okay..." He just whispered in return and closed his heavy eyelids.

"Are you sleepy? Do you want to sleep?" Seungmin asked and Hyunjin nodded, so Seungmin let go of him and let him lay down and get comfortable.

And so, that's how the night ended...

657 words

26 March 2019

Happy one year anniversary for I am NOT! album!