NOT! 1

As they moved out away from the system, they found a place that seemed abandoned. Or at least the place matched the definition of the word "abandoned" they had been taught.

There seemed to be no people at the place, and there was nothing but old, obsolete cars, one piled on top of the other, as well as run down walls, graffiti all over them and layers of paint that had begun to peel off so different colours were visible.

They found some supplies, nothing that could help for survival, but still, there were some pretty cool things. They found a large piece of fabric and some old, used, spray paint cans, which surprisingly still worked. Their leader, Chan, cut the fabric onto a large rectangle and spray painted it into a flag, a flag representing where they are, and representing their territory. Their district.

With the left over spray paint, they also spray painted random things along the walls, Chan spraying a "snake" looking character made out of 9 strokes, each stroke representing one member.

They felt free to do whatever they wanted with the place, it was uninhabited after all, and now this was where they belonged. Outcasts from the society where they came from, deemed "weird," different, rebellious, delinquents, by others, but it didn't matter to them what the others thought because they knew who and how they were, or did they...?

Despite all of their hardships, arguments, disagreements, or any other kind of issues, they all got through them, and eventually the nine became as one. Every event making them closer, feeling as if they were family.

Since the abandoned place became their residence for a time, they decided to name it District 9 because there were nine of them and all they needed was each other to be "truly" content. For them it was either nine or none.

For now, everything seemed to be going well for them. Their escape was successful, and there seemed to be no signs of being followed or searched for. They were in their own little safe haven and it was as if they were in cloud nine when they were together.

Things were successful for the most part, until, of course, stronger personal problems arose between each individual the more they got to "know" each other individual. After a short era of pure bliss and enjoyment, began an era of questioning, search, and support. Sure, they didn't get along all the time, but they would still be there for each other.

Unbeknown to each other, they all shared an internal conflict; they were forced to act a certain way in the system, but now that they were out and free to do whatever and be whoever they desired, they started to question... Who am I? Am I really the same person I was when I was in the system...?

I am NOT!

480 words

April 8 2019 (re-written December 1, 2019)

I apologise for the shortness of this chapter, specially compared to the original part, which was around 800 words, but there were some things I wrote that really seemed unnecessary... so yeah, those are out now.

And ouch... the original date I posted that... that hurts now bc Woojin ):