Arrival

PERCABETH'S FAMILY

Percy's POV

As we drive toward Camp Half-Blood I feel like I want to bang my head against the steering wheel. That's how much the noise was annoying me. I made a mental checklist, it went like this-

*Defeat a couple titans- check!

*Defeat Gaea- check!

*Rescue a goddess- check!

*Fought (and won) in two wars- check!

*Hold the sky- check!

*Survive Tartarus- check!

*Do a bunch of other stuff I don't want to list- check!

*Handle my kids and get them to shut up once in awhile- Not yet.......

I sighed and looked over at my Wise Girl. She noticed me looking at her and she rolled her eyes. She turned toward the conversations in the back of the car. At first she just listened waiting to see what to tell them this time. This is what we overheard-

"MOVE OVER DYLAN!"

"I CAN'T I DON'T HAVE ANY SPACE KAYLA! YOU MOVE OVER!"

"YOUR STUPID!"

"HOW AM I THE STUPID ONE! I'M THE DESCENDANT OF ATHENA, YOU KNOW THE WISDOM GODDESS!!"

"SO! THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU SMART! IT MEANS YOUR FAMILY IS SMART!"

"UNDER THE SEA! UNDER THE SEA!" Well, we know what movie Madison is watching.... Then we heard the loudest of them all, which came from the far back of the car.

"WILL YOU ALL SHUT UP! I AM TRYING TO READ HERE!" Nicole screamed at her annoying siblings. I chuckled silently when they all grumpily obeyed. No one wanted to mess with Nicole when she was reading, they all learned that the hard way.

                 **FLASHBACK**
I was sitting at the dining room table eating breakfast with Kayla and Dylan about six and Nicole about seven. It was a peaceful breakfast, for once, and Nicole was reading a new book she got from the library.

All of a sudden both Kayla and Dylan reach for the last piece of bacon. Of course, here it comes.

"GIVE ME THE BACON!"

"NO, I GOT IT FIRST!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T!"

"YES I DID!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T!"

"YES I DID!"

And this went on for awhile but I am not gonna waste my time repeating it. So, finally Annabeth stepped in and told them to stop which they didn't listen to and if you know my wife, that didn't help the screaming match at all. So, the screaming continued.

"SIT DOWN YOU TWO!"

"YOU GOT THE LAST PIECE OF BACON LAST TIME!"

"NO THAT WAS YOU!"

"OH, YOU LITTLE DEVILS! GIVE ME THE FREAKING BACON! AND STOP YELLING!"

They both turned to her and they started screaming in unison, which I thought was pretty cool how they knew exactly what the other was going to say, but anyways, again the screaming continued.

"YOU CAN'T TELL US WHAT TO DO!"

"I AM YOUR MOTHER AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW!"

I finally realized that my wife was arguing with two six year olds and burst out laughing, which caused them all to look at me, except Nicole whose eyes were glued to the page of her book. I quickly covered up my laugh with a cough while my wife and 2/3 of children stared at me. I gulped nervously.