Chapter 5

Eva's POV:

When I wake up Alex is by my bedside. "Hey, you ok? You hit your head pretty hard." She says. I sit up, groaning. "Yeah, fine. Just a headache. What time is it? Where is he?" I ask. "He took off, and it's the next day, about four o'clock to be exact. Come on, let's get you home." She says.

She helps me off the bed. We fly to my loft. "Thanks Alex. Please, call me whenever you find him." I say. "Sure thing." She says. Smiling I close the door behind her. Sighing I go into the bathroom and take a long shower.

When I come out I change into a red NIKE sweatshirt, leggings, and fuzzy socks. I throw my hair into a messy bun and throw on my glasses before going into the living room and watching youtube. After a while aI decide I'm tired so I head to sleep.

The next day is pretty uneventful until I get a phone call from Alex. "So, the President was in town, the DEO to be specific, our missing Kryptonian tried to kill her, Winn found his location, but he wasn't there? Now you know where he is? How did I miss so much in a day?" I ask.

"Don't ask, get to the DEO ASAP." She says, hanging up. Sighing I change into my uniform before flying to the DEO. I fly in and see Kara waiting for me. "Come on, he's not from Krypton, he's dangerous." She says. Confused I fly after her.

She bursts through the window of the observatory and tackles the unknown pod guy. He flips her over his shoulder. "Stop! We don't want to hurt you." I say, trying to pin his arms. Grunting he flips me over. He then kicks Kara. "I don't want to hurt anyone." He says.

"Sure you don't." She retorts. He takes several swings at her before she punches him in the stomach, sending him to the ground. "Stay down Daxamite." She spits. "You know where I'm from?" He asks. "Yep, and you should have stayed there." She says.

He goes to punch her, but I get in the middle, blocking his strike and twisting his arm before sending shockwaves of pain through his body until he passes out. "Nice work." She says. "I don't get it. What's so wrong about being from Daxam?" I ask.

"I'll tell you later, let's get back to the DEO." She says. I nod, picking him up. We fly back to the DEO and some agents take him from me, carrying him to confinement. "So our mystery alien is from Daxam." J'onn says. "I've never heard of Daxam." Winn says.

"It's a sister world to Krypton. Both capable of sustaining life, both orbiting the same sun."J'onn says. "You never mentioned it before." Alex tells Kara. "Do the Hayfield mention the Macoys?" Kara asks. "I take it your planets didn't get along?" Alex asks.

"Hundreds of years ago Krypton and Daxam fought a bloody war. Thousands were lost on both sides because of a pointless war Daxam started." Kara says. "What were they fighting over?" I ask.

"Krypton was a democracy, a world of explorers, philosophers, scientists. And Daxam was a monarchy with Kings and Queens who ruler a population of hoodlums. We had a saying on Krypton for Daxamites. "Matex colar Daxam." Kara says. "What does that mean?" Alex says.

"Nothing I can repeat in English." Kara says. "Well, if Daxamites are as bad as you say they are, then it's no wonder that this guy is trying to kill the president, right?" Winn asks. "Still doesn't explain why." I say. "Eva's right." J'onn agrees. "I'll ask him." Alex says.

"No. No, I'll do it. Come on Eva, you're coming with me." Kara says. I nod and follow her down to containment. We walk into the room, Kara leading. "You better get used to that view, you're gonna be in that cell for a long time." Kara says. I roll my eyes, but follow along silently.

"Wow, that was quite the first impression you made on Earth Daxamite. Do you always introduce yourself by trying to kill heads of state?" Kara asks. I elbow her and she glares at me. He sits there in silence. "How did you find yourself in a Kryptonian pod?" Kara asks. Nothing.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself? Anything?" She asks. Nothing. She rolls her eyes and goes to leave when he speaks. "Is there any Secarian Ale on this planet? I could really go for some Secarian Ale." He says. We both turn to face him.

"It's been known to me that most of life's problems go away when you bring Secarian Ale to the table." He says. "You're not getting anything." Kara says. "Is it because I didn't say please?" He asks. I smile a little, holding back a laugh.

"Because on some worlds, please isn't that big of a thing. Is this not one of those worlds?" He asks. "Not surprised you'd make a joke cause your entire race thinks of nothing but themselves." Kara says.

"You would know all about my race, wouldn't you. Kryptonian, judging by that self-righteous gliph on your chest. Who's your friend? Kryptonian too?" He asks, glancing at me, smirk evident on his face.

"Earthling. Something a friend of ours likes to call Mete-Human. I'm special." I say with a smirk, walking to stand beside Kara. "Ah! She speaks." He jokes. I smile a little bit. He then turns back to Kara. "Anyway, wait, shouldn't you already have all the answers?" He asks her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asks him. "Oh, I know how your people feel about us. High and mighty, enlightened Krypton. Looking down on us lowly peasants. Ever since you attacked us with no provocation." He says. My eyes widen a little. Krypton attack them?

"We attacked you? Is-" She cuts herself off. "Why did you send a broadcast to Daxam?" She asks him. "It was a distress call." He says. "Why were you sending a distress call?" Kara asks him. I give her a questioning look. Why else would he send a distress call?

"Because I'm in distress. Ok? I'm not here by choice. I'm just letting my people know I'm alive." He says. "Ok, so if you're marooned on this planet, then why are you trying to kill the president?" Kara asks. "I'm sorry, what's-what's a press-preibent?" He asks, confused.

"If you thought I punched hard before, wait till you see me when I'm angry." She says. "Uh, no, you don't punch hard, she punches hard. Also, how did you cause me pain? That was cool." He says, looking at me. I smile and look down at the ground.

"Now look, I didn't come here to kill anyone." He tells her. "Good, cause you never will." She says. I sigh, running a hand through my hair. This was not going well. Well, as well as I hoped it would go.

"Right, you've already made up your mind about me. So, it seems kind of pointless to keep talking to you. On the other hand, your friend can stay as long as she wants. I actually have a few words for her." He says. He goes back and sits on his cot. "Bye, bye your highness." He says.

He then lays down. "Ah, that's better." He says. Kara starts walking away. "Oh, I could really use that Secarian Ale though." He says. "Come on Eva." She says. "No, actually, I think I need to talk to him alone. Go, I'll be fine." I say. "Whatever." She says, walking out of the room.

When the door closes behind her I turn to face the Daxamite laying on the cot. "What did you need to talk to me about?" I ask. "Your voice. It seems so familiar to me." He says, sitting up and looking at me intently.

"Well, when you were in comatose state I would often visit you, talk to you, hoping you'd wake up." I say. "Why?" He asks, genuinely curious as to why I would want to talk to an unconscious man I don't know.

"Well, one of my abilities is Empathy. I can control your emotions through touch, I can also dive into your Empathetic Memory. Which I had to do to see what the last Empathetic Memory you had was. After that I felt sort of a connection to you I guess." I say.

"Why though? What emotions did I have?" He asks. "You felt lost, scared, worried. I guess those aren't unfamiliar to me and I sort of sympathized with you a little." I say. "How could you sympathize with those emotions?" He asks.

"Well as a born Earthling with special abilities, I had a rough childhood with kids my age. My parents adored me, but I was outcasted. I guess I just don't want anyone else to go through what I did. It sucked." I say.

"You wanted to help me when I woke up." He says, realizing what I was telling him. "Yeah." "Then I through you through glass." He says. "Yeah." "Sorry about that by the way. I was-" "Scared, I know." I say. "Sorry." He says again. "It's ok. Well, I better get going. I'll see you around." I say.

He nods at me. Smiling I exit the room. "What did you two talk about?" J'onn asks. "Nothing that concerns you. It's fine. Anyway, I'm going home. Night." I say. With that I take off towards home, anxious to get some rest.

When I land I quickly shower and change into a sweatshirt and leggings before climbing into bed and going to sleep.