Chapter 8

Eva's POV:

I'm headed off to find J'onn when Kara and Alex pull me aside. "Get suited up. Maggie got a tip on the dead alien case. You and Kara are backup. let's go." Alex says. Confused I change into my suit and Kara and I fly Alex there before going to hide. Kara then fills me in on what's happening.

After getting the signal from Alex, Kara and I drop into the ring. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have the Girl of Steele, the Matron of National City Supergirl and her accomplice, Electress. Meet your opponent, Dragona." The lady running everything says. A huge scaly alien comes out.

"I've never killed a Kryptonian or human before." He says. "Well your streak is about to continue." Kara says. They begin swinging at each other. When Kara gets knocked down I glare at the alien and he crumples to the ground in pain.

Then Alex and Maggie fire their guns, and everyone clears out. Alex shoots through the barrier and opens the cage. This causes my focus to drop and the alien to run away. I help Kara up. "I hope too many people didn't bet on me." She says. I the touch her shoulder and heal her.

She breaths a breath of relief. "Thank you." She says. We head back to the DEO and we split ways. "I'm gonna go find Mon-El and Winn." I say. They nod and I head to the training room. When I get there they aren't in there. I speed around the entire DEO and still can't find them.

Damn it. I fly out of the DEO and teach the entirety of National City until I spot them. Mon-El was half carrying Winn out of a bar. They look like hell. I land in front of them, my arms cross. "Really?" I ask. They look up at me. I can see Mon-El's nervous glance.

"I was gonna talk to J'onn. You couldn't hold off one more day? Instead you get Winn and then, from the look of you two, you get into a fight your first day out?" I ask. "Eva-" "No, Mon-El. Just-get back to the DEO. I can't talk to you right now." I say, extremely disappointed in him.

He looks at the ground before the two of the start walking towards the DEO. Sighing in frustration I fly to my apartment. I quickly change out of my suit and into some leggings and a sweater.

I throw my hair into a messy bun and sit on the couch with some popcorn, watching the 100. About midnight I hear a knock on my door. Pausing the show I set the popcorn down before going and answering it. "Hey, Kar." I say to the blonde outside my door.

"Hey E, can I come in?" She asks. "Sure." I let her inside before closing the door. "What's up?" I ask. "What do you think of Mon-El?" She asks. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused on what she means.

"Well, before he woke up if we couldn't find you you were in his room with him. Now that he's awake is he what you thought he would be?" She asks. I sigh, sitting on one of my stools. I look up at her awaiting blue eyes.

"No. Not really. I want to trust him. I want to get to know him, but tonight I found he got Winn to take him out of the DEO. He got them both drunk and then got into a fight. I was gonna talk to J'onn tomorrow about taking him out, but now I don't think I will." I run a hand through my hair.

"I'm upset at him and disappointed. I want him to be one thing where as he's coming off as something different. I don't know. He's funny and cute and all, but when it comes down to it, I get a vibe of selfishness. I don't know what to think anymore Kar." I say, taking a deep breathe.

"I want to get along, I really do, but I need to follow my instincts, not my heart on this one." I say. She nods. "I know you're confused, but Daxamites are manipulative and selfish and egotistical. You don't want to get involved with him EM. Trust me." She says.

"Ok, I'll trust you. You're my best friend and partner Kar. I will always trust you." I say. She smiles at me before bringing me into a hug. "I have to go home. Time to get some sleep before tomorrow. See ya." She says, walking to my door. "See ya." With that she is gone.

Sighing in tiredness turn off my tv before taking a shower and going straight to bed. This has defiantly been a very, very long day. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I'm out like a light. (her loft is like Kara's only opposite to accommodate the windows.)

The next morning I wake up to a text from Alex to be at the DEO ASAP. Sighing I roll out of bed and get into my suit before taking off for work. When I get there everyone is situated around the computer area. I walk up to them right as Kara walks away. "You look like crap." I tell Winn.

He has an ice pack to his head. "Thank you, I saw the mirror this morning. Oh and Mon-El was really upset about your conversation last night. Maybe you should talk to him." Winn says. I roll my eyes.

"Mon-El can find me when he wants to talk, right now I don't have time for his problems." I say. "What's up?" Alex asks. "I found Mon-El and Winn last night and gave them an earful." I say. "Good, they deserved it." She says. "Now Mon-El's upset." I say.

"What are you gonna do about it?" She asks me. "Nothing. It's his fault. Kara and I had a talk last night and I think I'm gonna listen to her advice." I say. "Ok, just, think for yourself Eva. Maybe he'll surprise you." She says. I nod, smiling slightly at her. I walk away and pass a room.

I look inside to see Kara and Mon-El sitting on a bed, talking. Kara was actually smiling. Something pangs inside my heart. Something foreign and strange. I can't explain it. Then I think about something else.

She told me not to get involved and now here she is being all buddy buddy with him. I glare a little, not enough to where my pain power can get out of control, but just enough for Kara to feel my presence and turn around. "Eva-" I don't let her finish. I stomp away from the room.

"Call me if you get a lead, I need some fresh air." I tell Alex. With that I take off with Kara calling out to me from behind me. I just need to think. My mind is so crowded I can't breathe. I land near where a homeless person is situated. I kneel in front of him.

"Hey, is there anything I can do for-AHHHHH!" I scream in pain as I am stabbed in the leg with an iron knife. I fall to the ground. The guy stands up and kicks me in the head. Then, everything goes black.