18

Mum, dad, I miss you guys and I wonder at times about how things would've been if you two had lived. I imagine I would be half the woman I am today, because when you lose the people you love - I've learned, you get stronger.

And I think I'm really strong after losing you two. Although still overly emotional.

I was far too young to really remember your faces today, and I know dad wasn't too hesitant on taking photos. I wish I had a photo of us three so that I can show my kids their grandparents.

I need you two right now. And that's the first time I've ever said this but I feel like I need an army on my side, and I can't imagine anyone else but you two standing beside me during this time of need.

God I wish you two could see how happy he makes me.

Michael, he's so good to me. But he's got a family of his own and I feel like I'm stripping that away from him.

I wish you two were here so that you could tell me if I'm wrong. And maybe even protect me from the vicious Shelby's. They're so different than anyone I've met before, it's like they're normal, but they're also so indifferent. They don't care about him, but they pretend to and nothing scares me more. How could he not see that, I wonder...

I look around the cemetery and chuckle. The dirt on my knees tells me that I've been sitting here too long. And as the sun begins to sink into the other side of the globe, I shiver from the coldness.

God I'm so pathetic. I didn't even get you two flowers. Sorry. I wonder what you two would think about Michael. Dad would like him, he liked anyone who dressed night and was educated. Mum would probably think Polly was crazy, have a few fights before the grandkids come along. They'll keep her quiet.

The thought of my parents being grandparents marks a smile on my face. You two would be amazing to my children.

I remember how good you were with me! Taking me to park, helping me with my letters and numbers. It's a shame your time came so soon, because I'm sure you two would have been so proud of me in school. I was an honour student throughout all years. Thanks to you two. And I know I don't do this enough, but I will. I promise.

I get up in a groan, "The next time I come back, maybe my husband will be by my side." My smile is flushed, as I raise my head up to the starry sky and imagine running away with him in the dead of night.

When I get to the apartment, I unlock the door and head straight to my bedroom. I grab my bags from my closet and begin stuffing them with my clothes. I feel like a silly school kid, or perhaps a lovesick puppy, but I don't want this bubbly feeling to ever go away.

A knock is at my bedroom, and Kurt walks in. Watching me pack, "Where you goin'?

"Ahhh," I smile up at him. "I'm not too sure, but Michael and I are going away." I notice his attire and raise an eyebrow. "Where you going?"

"Stuart's having a party for some award he won in school."

I stop what I'm doing, looking at him. "Kurt you don't have to go..."

Knowing damn well Stuart's wife will be there and all over Stuart. The last time this happened, Kurt came running home in tears. Stuart is closeted, like Kurt, which is so necessary in todays day in age. The way people judge others is so wrong, that's why Kurt begged to move in with me, people in his town were beginning to speculate things, but when he moved in with me, everyone just assumed we were in a relationship. And Kurt was no longer talked about.

He shifts uncomfortably putting his arms around his chest before resting his head on my doorframe. "I know, I just want to be there for him, you know?"