Chapter 2

Carol's P.O.V

The nervousness starts to slip slowly and gradually but these stares are making t hard. I feel like a piece of cheese between a tribe of hungry mice.

Every single set of eyes is on me except the person sitting next to me he is talking to a girl next to him.

"Okay, you may pair up and start your work." Mr. Mathews said. I looked around and then faced him... Chris that's what his name is I guess. He was already looking at me with a blank expression.

"Well hi!" I said.

"Hello, I'm Chris Knight."

"Nice to meet you, Chris."

"Well let's start our work."

"Yeah sure!"

We put on our lab coats and started the experiment. I'm not good at Chemistry so I let him do it. He was so sure of what he was doing so I observed while he worked with the chemicals.

"You made any friends yet?" he asked

"No, not yet. This is the first class obviously." I said shaking my head

"Oh," he said ending our conversation

We were the first ones to finish our experiments. After writing our results in the questionnaire. I looked up and he was looking at me. The moment was too awkward. I didn't know what to say.

"So..." he started "Where are you from?"

"Does it matter where I'm from? The thing is I live here now." I answered

"What do your parents do?"

"My mom died after giving birth to me and my dad owns a bar here."

"Oh, I'm so sorry" he said sympathetically

"NO, don't be. I'm fine, we are fine."

I was about to ask him if we are playing twenty questions when the bell rung and the beautiful girl he was talking with earlier came, grabbed his hand and said "Chris can you walk me to my next class?"

Then she looked at me when Chris said "She's Poppy!"

"We are dating!" she added as Chris ended his sentence. Then she turned towards him and said Chris, "baby, I'm waiting come fast." Before turning she glanced at me and then headed towards the door. I felt that she was angry. And somewhere I saw insecurities.

Chris Sighed gaining my attention "Poppy and I've on again and off again kind of relation people thinks we are made for each other."

I wanted to ask what he thinks about it but then I didn't felt like interfering in their personal relationship. Earlier when I entered the class the girls sitting on the front bench were murmuring something at Chris. I wasn't eavesdropping I just over heard it ofcourse they were too loud.

"You have or had a boyfriend or something?" he asked suddenly serious.

He doesn't know me well and I don't even know him and out of all the question he asked this question. He is definitely that type of boy. And why should I tell him about who I've dated who I've not?

"Does it matter?" I said but then I added "Well... Yes I've dated some of the guys back at school."

"So? Have you fallen in you know love with them."

"No way, dating doesn't mean you fall in love with someone." I snapped.

"You are different." He said I look at him with surprise not many people tends to say that. When he saw my reaction he elaborated "I've dated so many girls." He shrugged "Most of them end up falling in love with me. I seriously hate that I mean come on going out with someone and falling in love with someone are two different things.

"Oh," was all I could say at that time. I didn't understand why he was being so open. I mean he was popular I could see that by the way people look at him like they are inspired by him and that made me think as well as I also know by now that he goes through girls like going through dirty underwear.

"Ok Carol, I hope you can make some new friends in next classes. See you tomorrow."

He took his things and left.Pretty Weird. I also gathered my stuff and went for my next class which was English and then History.

Chris P.O.V

Jake, Carlos, Ryle and I. we are best friends since a long time. We took our trays and sat down at our usual place.

We were all chattering about our vacations when she- Carol arrived. By her side were Mia Anderson and Emily Woods.

Honestly speaking, there is something different about her. I mean every girl even girls I speak to in shops, girls in neighborhood. Try to talk or try to flirt but Carol on other hand was barely speaking in class today. In fact I was continuously firing questions and then I suddenly wondered out loud if she has boyfriend or something and then atlas I said my thoughts out loud. Stupid me.

Carol, Mia and Emily were walking toward the seat across the room when Carlos called out "Mia why don't you and your friends join us." Oh yes I forgot that Carlos asked out Mia last prom.

Three of them came in our direction with their trays. Mia smiled at all of us and took seat next to Carlos. Emily came next and took the last vacant seat. When Carol came her eyes searched for an empty space.

"You can sit at my place I'll bring myself a seat from next table." Jake said he was sitting next to me.

"Thank you!" she said and Jake stood up at once she walked around and sat beside me. Jake bought himself a chair and sat net to her

"So," Mia said to Carol "This is Carlos Henderson, my boyfriend. This is Jake Calls, Ryle Smith and this is Chris Knight." She looked at everyone and then she glanced at me.

"Hello everyone. Nice to meet you."

Everyone nodded and smiled but Jake said "We love to have new girls at school." On which Ryle elbowed him in stomach and Jake winced. Whenever a new girl comes to the school Jake, Ryle or I take her out. But she is definitely not willing. She just smiled not sure of what he said.

"We should do something after all it's our first day. Hey! Why don't we play Truth or Dare?" Mia suggested

We all agreed. Mia placed the stopper on the bottle and spun it. It stopped on Mia and Jake. Jake was about to take a bite his spoon stopped in midair. Mia chose a dare.

"Umm... Well... Let me think. You- kiss Ryle" Jake shrugged. Carlos spitted the soda in his mouth.

"I am going to kick your ass if you are not going to change this." Ryle said and Carlos agreed.

"Okay then say I Love You to Carlos."

Mia turned to Carlos and said "I Love You" we all hooted

"I Love You, too." Carlos answered and we all laughed. I turned to Carol she looked so happy and her laugh was so melodious. When she saw I was staring she looked the other way.

The bottle was spun again. This time it ended up on Carlos and me. I preferred truth.

"Why were you so pissed off in second and third hour?" he demanded

"Uggh! Is it compulsory to answer?" I asked

"Yes"

"Dammit man! It was Poppy." Carol stiffened next to me as she heard her name. "We fought and then broke up." I looked at Carol she swallowed hard. I wonder what happened to get this reaction. We played a couple of time more till the bell was rung and we all headed towards our next classes.    

I hope you guys like it i try and publish the next chapter soon.