Chapter 4

Chris's P.O.V

Days passed and we didn't talk much about anything. The class we have together, she ignored me at her best.

I was walking towards my car. Someone was leaning against it. As I got near the figure got clear. It was Poppy. I sighed heavily; I wasn't in a mood to deal with her. When she heard me getting close to my car she smiled at the ground and then looked at me. I stopped infront of her.

"Chris." She said and then she leaned in and kissed me. I pulled back. She looked at me, amused. "Seriously? Aren't you over her yet?"

"Poppy-"

"No Chris, I mean how many times you are planning to get stood by her, or even better, REJECTED by her?"

"Poppy I can't date you anymore, okay? And my relationship with anyone else is none of your business."

"OH SHUT UPPPP! Are you seriously turning me down... our eight months relationship down for some other chick?"

"ENOUGH, Poppy! I don't like to do this every time we broke up but we can't be together, not anymore. We are done. And eight months? In these eight month half of the time you spent time fucking someone while I counted the days when we come back together. "

"Asshole." She murmured as she stomped away.

I sighed in defeat. My phone vibrated; it's a voice message from Dad.

"Chris, I'm leaving for Canada. Olivia and Benita got in a good fight. Take care of yourself."

Can this day get any worse?

--------------------------------

"Hey her car is here." Jake announced

I looked towards her car. I have noticed that since last few days Jake has been showing some extra attention to her. I should warn him.

"Jake," I said putting my arm around his shoulder "keep your butt off of her." He looked at me and blinks several times.

"Fine," he said.

Carol got out of the car and shut the door hard. She walked as fast as she could towards the gate. She has this 'don't-mess-with-me' expression. She reached towards the gate where Mia and Emily were standing and she started to say something very fast. Emily pointed at something behind her; she turned to look at it. My eyes traveled the journey to a car in the parking lot to which Carol was walking towards now. Mike got out of the car and smiled at Carol, who was still walking towards him. Mia and Emily were right behind her, Emily was grabbing her arm to stop her but she kept walking. They both gave up and stopped pulling her towards the school gate. Carol stopped right in front of him and then before the audience can even interpret what will happen she slapped him across his face.

  Whoa the audience was stunned and so was I. Mike looked at her with ashamed expression. She said something to him I tried to listen to what she was saying but I couldn't because she was seven to eight cars down. Carol said one last thing, kicked his car and stomped away. 

-------------------------------------------------------

The bell rung and we went everyone walked towards their classes. As I entered the class, two girls were leaving one of them saw me and stopped. "Hey Chris, Mr. Mathews is absent today and we are going to the gardens wanna join in?"

"No, you guys go and enjoy. Thanks though."

"No problem, maybe later then?" She asked cheerfully.

"Sure, sure."

"Okay then, bye!"

I went and sat down next to Carol who was busy with her phone.

"Hi," I said. She didn't looked up just nodded. "May I ask you a question?"

"You would still ask even if I say 'No' so carry on." She said, still not looking up from her cell phone. Wow she's really pissed off. I wonder what happened...

"How do you know Mike?"

"We have History together."

"So... back there why did you hit him?"

Finally she looked at me and said "Does it matter? And you only asked to ask a question so I'm not answering that one." I laughed and she gave me a look that say 'you are acting weird' "What?"

"I think 'Does it matter' are your initials."

She smiled and then sighed. "He came to my house yesterday."

I almost choked when she said that "What?! But why? "

"He is sick. He told my father that he was here to pick me up for a date! I hardly spoke to that guy more than two times and then seeing him standing in my house in front of my dad talking about taking me on a date freaked the hell out of me. I was in shock I ran straight to my room and only came out after he left. Seriously who in their right mind would do that kind of shit?!"

I was in utter shock myself. I couldn't believe he did that. I looked at her and she looked back at me. The corner of hers lips curled around and a small smile played across her lip. And soon we both started to laugh hysterically. "Oh god! I can't believe he did this." I said in between my laughs. We continued to laugh like maniac, good thing, on one was here to witness our conditions. Speaking of which the class was empty; no one was here other than us. I looked around and then my gaze settled on her face, she was lost in her thoughts I snapped my finger in front of her face "Earth to, Carol."

She came back to reality and stared at me with a hard expression. She kept staring at me and I was about to ask her what happened when she excused herself for the rest room. I kept sitting there waiting for her but she never came back after that.

Carol's P.O.V

I don't want to get in this mess again. I already regretted it once and I will be damned if I let it happen to me again. I have to control myself around him... around Chris and if I didn't then I know it's going to get worse.

--------------------------------------------

"CAROL!" dad yelled from down stairs

"Coming!" I replied as I got up and walked downstairs.

"Dear, dinner's ready." He said as I took a set across him on the table. Dad made beef steak for dinner. I started to eat my food silently. After a few minutes of silence dad spoke up "You don't look so fine, you all good?"

"Yes dad, I'm alright nothing to worry about." I said and plastered a fake smile on my face. I finished my plate as fast as I can. I did the dishes and then dried them. After that I went upstairs and changed into my night dress and jumped on my bed. I was thinking about Chris continuously I didn't remember when I slept.

--------------------------------

"Carol."

I lifted the cover from my face. "Carol." Dad whispered. My eyes snapped open. Dad was leaning in.

"You have temperature. I'll call the school and let them know you are not coming today."

"NO dad I can't take a day off because today is my assessment."

"But Kitten-"

"Dad I'm fine and I'll go if I stay home you be running after me every now and then. It's alright I'm fine really you don't have to worry just go to sleep, you need to sleep, because you were up all night and you have to go to the bar tonight as well." With that I got up my head spun around for a split second I grabbed bed for support and then slowly made my way towards the bathroom.

I got late to school. Mia walked me towards my Chemistry class

"We are going to work in pairs the sheet is already on your tables you can start working now." said Mr. Mathews.

I got up my head was spinning already, I took support of the table and one of the chemical in the flask landed on my hand. I gasped loudly.

Enjoy xxx