Chapter 3

Carol's P.O.V

My day went fine. I went back home and jumped in showers. Later I had lunch and then I watched T.V. It was still so much time for dad to return home so I decided to run an errand. When I returned home I took a nap. When I woke up my dad was in my room sitting beside me. He had mom's photo in his hand. 

Dad didn't married anyone after mom died. He raised me all by himself. I owe him my life.

"Hey dad," I said rubbing my eyes "are you all alright?"

"Hi Kitten, yes I'm fine. How was your day?" he asked, his voice craked as if he had been crying.

"Good,"

"Made any friends?"

"Yes,"

"You can invite them home."

"Come on dad, it was just my first day. I'll invite them later."

"Okay, I'm going to prepare breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

"Yes! It's morning."

"Noway!" I jumped out of bed and drew the curtains. "Whoa, I slept this long?"

"Yeah!" he laughed "last night when I came in you were snoring."

"Oh god, I can't believe this."

"Come down quickly! I'm going to prepare breakfast."

"I'm coming just give me few minutes to get dressed." I got up and took a shower. I wore a skirt and blouse. I pulled my hair into a bun and put on some makeup.

I went down stairs and ate a pancake. Dad and I talked about what happened yesterday. Something we do every day. As I finished, I stood up kissed dad on both of his cheeks, grabbed my things and walked towards my car.

Chris's P.O.V

"Shut up man." Jake punched Ryle on shoulder.

"Well stop fighting." Carlos snarled

"Yeah or else he'll eat you for dinner tonight." I laughed at my joke but Carlos glared at me and I stopped laughing at once. Man, he's so pissed off it might have something to do with James- his younger brother.

Carol's car arrived she parked her car and walk towards the gate where Mia and Emily joined her. I heard the bell rung, and we all headed towards our classroom.

--------------------------

"Hey, how are you?" I asked Carol

"I'm good... You?"

"Excellent." I said as I took the empty seat beside her. She shifted.

"Chris?" I turned to find Poppy on my left.

"Poppy, not right now." I said in a low husky voice.

"Okay, then maybe later?"

I rubbed my hands all over my face in frustration. "You don't understand it, do you? It's over. We are not getting back together, we are done!"

"I know you are angry right now. We will talk about this later. Go out with someone and then we'll talk."

"It's different this time. You don't see it!"

"Chris, that's it I'll talk with you later." With that she turned in opposite direction. I wanted to shout at her but then it would gain everyone's attention. I sighed and then looked at Carol.

She was looking in other direction; I knew she heard our conversation. I was debating whether or not to call her name when Mr. Mathews entered the class.

"Okay class, you need to memorize your seat because for the next year you'll be working in pairs and do remember this you'll be marked in pairs."

I'm excited about it at least I will get to know her more. I looked around the class some of the people make dirty faces.

"But," Mr. Mathews continued, "As I announced yesterday, today is your revision assessment and for the people who are making faces, my teaching criteria is different and after every topic we'll have revision. So be prepared for the next of the year. I'm passing these paper take on and pass the rest."

"Shit." Carol murmured

"What?" I asked

"I didn't study."

"I didn't study either but I'm naturally good in Chemistry, I'll help." I said grinning

"Cheating?" She asked smiling

"No, it's called helping."

She laughed. "What's so funny, Ms. Hart?" Mr. Mathews asked the whole class turned to look at her.

"Nothing Mr. Mathews" she said, embarrassed because of the stares she was receiving.

"Good."

I got the bunch of sheets. I took two and passed on.

"Here" I said giving her the paper.

"Bring it on." She said dramatically. I laughed this time and she also giggled. Luckily Mr. Mathews didn't saw us this time.

---------------------------------------

I helped her a bit. "Okay class time's up I'm coming to collect."

I shifted my gaze to Poppy and she was already looking at me. Mr. Mathews took my paper and then took hers. Carol started to stare me. Now what?

Carol's P.O.V

I stared at him.

"What?" he asked

"Nothing." I say looking away.

"Hey! Carol?'

"I'm getting late for my next class, bye." I said grabbing my things. Anger started to built. I hurried towards the door when he grabbed me by my arms.

"Let go of me!" I snarled

"Fine, but what is wrong?" he asked

"Nothing."

"You are not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong."

"And why do you think I even care to tell you about it?"

"Because you'll tell it and I want to know it." he said suddenly angry.

"What's your problem, Chris? Why do you think I will act like every other girl? Why are you choosing to sit beside me when you could've sat beside your girlfriend? What is it that you find interesting in me and not in Poppy?" I snarled

"In all honesty? I like you, Carol. I find you different from other girls. Interesting even."

 I opened my mouth to answer but closed it: I didn't knew what to say at the time. I stared at him with blank expression. Then finally I spoke "I'm not that type of a girl, Chris. I know girls swoon over you and that every girl in the school would like to go out with you though they know how fast you go through girls. I cannot be them." His demeanor changed and something changed in his expression.

"I never said anything like that; all I said was that you are different."

"Bye!" I turn around and stomped out of the class. I noticed Poppy was standing in the empty hallway. Her hands were folded over her chest and she was smiling .I wanted to say something bitchy but then I thought she isn't worth it so I rolled my eyes and rushed towards my English class. 

A/N

I hope you all loved it Please do tell me if you loved it; it will mean a lot. I'll try and publish the next chapter soon.