~Çhåpţěŗ 3~

(Short chapter, just because I don't want to give away too much too fast.)

Sunlight streamed into the clean office building. The floor was quiet, save for the soft tapping of computer keys. Men and women stared intently at there screens, papers neatly organized around there cubicles. The strict air to the place made it inhospitable to most, but the workers there were not like most. It was their job to not only account for human error but also machine error.
Each of their cubicles had a tag on it, indicating a state, a city, or a country: Maine, Paris, or Egypt etc… One desk was far messier than the rest. Papers were strewn around the desk, forms where half filled out, and the woman sitting in the rolly chair had bloodshot eyes with heavy purple bags hanging under them. She looked ready to drop.
She had a far-off look in her eye, it was clear that she was zoning out. A small ‘ping’ noise sounded on her desktop computer, just loud enough for her to hear as to not disrupt the office. She wearily looked over to the screen. And her heart stopped. Well, not really, but it might as well have because what she saw was worse news then death.
The small red dot that glowed on the map her screen indicated a new Squip had been activated. Not only that however, it told her something that no Squip Official Supervisor (or SOS) ever wants to know. That a model 1.3 had been activated in her domain.
‘Go to hell New Jersey.’