Chapter 2

Since it's summer, school is out for 6 weeks. God knows what I'm going to do with that much time when I'm barely aloud to do anything.

I woke up this morning and just stared at the ceiling, contemplating my miserable life.

"Honey, do you need help getting up?" My mum politely knocked before popping her head round the door. I nodded as I propped myself up on the cushions surrounding me.

"So today I organised for you to see a councillor therapist person, whatever they're called to try and help you find your voice and overcome the trauma" she came over with the wheelchair and hauled me into it.

My mind was wizzing round. A therapist? I shrugged it off as I wheeled myself into the kitchen. My mum was a single mum who struggled to feed herself, my brother and I. I try to help as much as I can considering my position. I've even applied for jobs but they all rejected me. She always complained about our small bungalow and rare treat nights but I didn't mind, she tried her best.

"Hey mads, you good?" my little brother Matt came over and hugged me before grabbing a cereal bar and heading to the door.

"Mum I'm meeting Lucas at the park" he yelled down the hall making my ears ring with the same word over and over. It gets louder every time I hear it. My heartbeat fastens with the pace of how fast the word was repeating in my head. Park. Park. Park. My eyes watered and my face drained all colour as if I'd seen a ghost.

"Mum! Mum!" I could faintly hear Matt shouting again. My hands gripped the arms of my wheelchair so tight, my knuckles turned a similar shade of white to my face. Soon after, my mum came rushing in and shooed Matt out the house. She cradled my head as tears rolled down my cheeks and my chest heaved uncontrollably.

"Baby, I have no doubt that therapy will make you feel better. It will stop this" she stroked my cheek, wiping away the tears.

'I don't want to go' I signed to her, not looking her way.

"Madeleine, you've got to go. I've already booked you an appointment plus you might even make some friends!" My mum grabbed her car keys and began pushing me although I dug my heels into the ground. There's no way I'm making any friends. They'll think I'm so rude not talking but I can't help it.

"It's going to be a 30 minute drive so get comfy Maddie"
I rolled my eyes and sunk into the seat. What could possibly be better than going to a therapist? It's not like going to the beach is any better is it? Note my sarcasm.
———————-
- 468 words
Two chapter in 1 night? Who am I?