9: Need You To Need Me

"The other half-ghoul, Tooru, is on assignment with me too." Juuzou laid his head next to yours. "It's too bad Haise hardly remembers being Kaneki. I certainly won't be reminding him."

"I know... I miss having those half-ghouls as my friends... Why did the CCG have to suck them up?" You tore your lips away from Uta's to speak to Juuzou.

Uta scowled at Juuzou.

"Why are you talking to her about this now? You're setting her in a bad mood." He shoved the short man away forcefully. "If you're not going to play, go watch the babies nap. I'm sick of it."

"Be careful, Ju, you're actually getting Uta upset. A rarity." You raised an eyebrow at the tattooed man.

"Maybe I had a hard day at work and I want your attention!" Juuzou raised his voice. "I'm supporting the family the most! I should get to have your attention when I need it! I'm trying to kill our mother!"

"I offered to share!" Uta yelled as he sat up, officially angry. "And my mask shop does very well! I don't have to slaughter people, so I don't come home upset! I help support our family just as much as you do!"

You sat up and pulled your knees out of the way of the argument that had apparently been simmering.

"I need her more than you right now! Let me have her!" Juuzou yelled.

Yukizou began to cry in the other room.

"Tell me what's wrong, Juuzou! I'm here for you too!" Uta looked into the black-haired human's eyes. "I need you to need me too..."

Juuzou froze as the last words were uttered. You tried to get up to get your baby, but Uta held his arm out. He wanted you to be there for just a minute or two more.

"Just as I comforted YN when you had broken her heart over and over. If your heart is hurting, Juuzou, I will be here to listen to you. But I will never appreciate such awful words." Uta continued.

Juuzou's eyes darted from you to Uta as his chest heaved with emotion.

Then, without warning, he flew into the full ghoul's arms, taking everyone by surprise.

You stroked his hair as he wrapped his arms and legs around Uta. Uta in turn, wrapped one arm around his head and the other around his waist, bringing his head to his own shoulder.

"I'll go get the babies and come back." You whispered, kissing Juuzou's head and then Uta's cheek.

"What's bothering you, Juuzou?" Uta asked again, as the younger man sniffled into his shoulder.

"I'm scared I won't be able to kill Mama when I see her." He whispered. "And I will be the death of everyone around me. All of YN's friends. All of my friends. Perhaps even me."

"She did something awful to you. Why not kill her?" Uta stroked the soft, soft hair that tickled his cheek.

"She was all I knew as a mother. I don't bear a grudge. I earned that wound." Juuzou sighed as his baby's cries ceased.

"No one deserves to be wounded." Uta's lips kissed at Juuzou's forehead. "In my opinion, if someone wants to be hurt, they should ask for it and give copious amounts of consent."

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you, master." You giggled, bringing in a toddler and a baby to the room.

"Yes." Uta smirked, flicking his kagune out and pulling you in with it, "Yes, I would."