14: Pre-Auction Jitters

"You cannot come. Absolutely. Not." Uta looked down at you through a half-on mask.

"Ghoulie, the babies." Juuzou nodded, but his voice was very flat.

"It's my MOTHER." You groaned. "Why can't I be there for her demise? Closure. Revenge. I can be helpful!"

"You are helpful here, watching the babies. What will happen if all three of us were to perish?" Uta cradled your face. "Or what if only you were to perish? I simply couldn't live with myself."

"Nooooo," You whined. "I have to do something. Something to help."

"There's nothing we need help with, gorgeous." Uta assured you. Then, he lowered his voice to a whisper. "I'm worried enough about Juuzou."

"Don't be." Juuzou responded flatly.

"JuJu... don't you want me to come with you?" You floated over to him and purred. "I can have Itori babysit maybe, and I could just be a member of the crowds."

"Mama knows what you smell like. You can't come." He sighed and laid his head on your shoulder.

You groaned, finally receiving a valid reason you couldn't join.

"You're right. But what am I going to do? The babies will be asleep." You sighed.

Uta sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"If you go to Itori's and ask her to watch the Auction... We have some video cameras. It's better than nothing..." Uta admitted.

"Do I want to know why you have cameras set up there?" You rubbed your nose against Juuzou's face, wishing you had followed through with his request and had some one-on-one fun with him.

"Not even a little bit." Uta chuckled. "Now release the little speck of ash so we can get on our way. We have things to do, ghouls to kill and fun to have!"

He was in a fantastic mood, excited for this... excitement to begin! A break from family life was much needed for him. And perhaps, it might lead to some more fun down the road.

"After all," He laughed louder, "the fun can't even begin without me! The host of the entire evening!"

You shook your head and tsk-ed at the dark-haired ghoul.

"Be safe. Be absolutely one hundred percent safe. Both of you." You warned them both. "I'll go to Itori's. Surprised she not a jester or whatever."

"A clown. And no, they're older friends than her. It'll be fine, gorgeous. I'll be home to kiss the babies soon enough. And I'll bring the little brat home as well." Uta kissed you and pulled his mask down.

With a sigh, you gave each man just one more kiss before they both left and went their separate ways outside their house.

"Well, it's just you both and me, boys. Want to go to Auntie Itori's house?"

"Ant Iti!" Yukizou shrieked. He adored her. Kyou looked at you blankly as an infant would, but he was happy to be held.

"I'll take that as an enthusiastic let's get going. Let me grab the diaper bag and we'll go."

YN: Coming over with the boys® to watch the auction. That cool? ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃

After a minute, she responded.

Itori: ALWAYSSSS I'LL GET THE WINEEEEEEE 〜(^∇^〜)(〜^∇^)〜

And with a laugh, you locked the door behind you.