Chapter 43: Bianca's Dreams

This takes place during "CarolQuest"

Happy Holidays everyone!

At P.O.I.N.T. Headquarters, Bianca had become not only the new Dean of Students, but also the temporary Wisdom teacher. She was filling out paperwork when she heard a heavy knock on the door. "Come in" she called as she kept her gaze on the documents that she was filling out. "Hello Bianca" she heard her supposed friend Foxtail say as she approached her at the desk. Remembering that she needs to act like she isn't suspicious of her, Bianca looked up at her and smiled. "Hi Foxtail. How are you? Is there anything I can help you with?" she asked as Foxtail sat in a chair across from her. "I heard that you're having a baby. Congratulations" she said with what could be a hint of uneasiness. "Thank you" she said. Foxtail nodded and she sat back in the chair. "So, will the child have powers?" Foxtail asked. Bianca put a hand on her slightly growing stomach while her free hand still held the pen she was using. "I"m not sure to be completely honest. I don't even know what gender it will be and I'm waiting for Laserblast to get back to see if we should ask the doctor for the baby's gender or if we should wait until the baby is born" she said. She watched Foxtail's expression as she spoke and she decided to push things a bit further. "Have you heard from him? He hasn't contacted me" she questioned. "Yes. He's doing fine and he says not to worry about him" Foxtail responded quickly, as if she has been rehearsing that line. "Do you know when he will be back?" Bianca asked. Foxtail shook her head and she stood up. "He will be back when his mission is completed" she said. Her watch then 'beeped' and she quickly went to the door. "I'll be leaving now" she said and she left the room.

That night, Bianca lay in the large and empty bed. Once her eyes closed, she had a dream. Laserblast had just got back from his mission. Suddenly, a tiny voice called "Daddy" and a soft 'tapping' was heard. What appeared to be a small figure ran into his awaiting arms. The figure was blurred and blue and it appeared to be glowing. Laserblast held the small figure in one arm and he had his free arm stretched out, as if he was waiting for someone. In came Bianca and Laserblast wrapped his extended free arm around her and she kissed his cheek. "Welcome back darling" she greeted. An unintelligible voice was heard and Laserblast chuckled. "Yeah. Daddy missed you and mommy too" he cooed. The trio then walked off and the scene changed.

Bianca was sitting on a railing of a porch looking out at the calming scenery of a garden. "There you are" she heard the voice of her beloved husband say as he walked out to join her outside. "Something wrong?" He asked as he put on arm around her shoulder. She remained silent and he lightly squeezed her shoulder. "Babe, what's wrong? You okay" he asked worriedly. "I'm scared, what if I'm not a good mother, what if-" she started to say before she stopped and put a hand on her stomach. Laserblast removed his visor and he placed it on a nearby small table. "Bianca sweetheart. Please. Look at me. It's going to be okay. Your gonna be a great mom. Don't forget, we have all of our friends and your parents here to help us whenever we need them"he said reassuringly.

"But what if Foxtail wants to use whatever powers the baby has for her own gain? Or if she keeps us away from you because she thinks that us having a child or children will slow you down and that you will be so focused on the family life that it will affect how you fight crime" she rambled. Laserblast's face fell as he heard his wife's words. He moved his arm away from her shoulder and he put his hand on top of one of hers. "Babe, that will never happen. Even if it did, I will never let anyone keep me away from you and our child or children" he said seriously as he wiped away the tears that fell from Bianca's face with his free hand. She held his hand on her face and she leaned into his touch. "I miss you so much" she cried softly. "Awh. I miss you too honey and I really hope that I can return back to you" he started as he moved to crouch down in front of her. "and our child or children soon" he said. He then kissed her stomach softly. "Don't worry. Daddy promised that he'll try to be home soon so be good for your mommy while I'm gone" he said. He then moved to stand up when he paused and crouched back down. "And don't come out until after daddy gets home. He and your mommy can't wait to meet you" he cooed softly.

He then shot up and looked away quickly in alarm. He then turned back to her and kissed her quickly yet passionately. "Listen, I have to go now. But, if you look in the closet, there should be a box on the top shelf. Open it whenever you miss me and know how much I miss you. I love you so much and I hope I can return soon" he said. He then kissed her cheek and as she opened her mouth to speak, he disappeared in a trail of stars. "I love you" she said as he slowly disappeared as the wind blew softly.

Bianca woke up in the morning in a daze. She then remembered Laserblast's instructions from her dream. She went over to her and Laserblast's shared closet and she opened the doors. She then scanned the top shelf and after a while of searching, she found a box with her husband's name on it. She gently removed the lid on the box. She was surprised to find Laserblast's old outfit along with some old photos of him and them together. She gently removed the photos from the box and she smiled as she remembered each moment that was portrayed in the pictures. She then gingerly removed the outfit from the box and she held it close to her as she sank to the ground and cried softly.