Chapter 60: Back In The Big Apple

"Good thing your guy's moms were okay with you guys going with us to New York on such short notice" Nebula said to Ko and Dendy in the back seat next to Enid as she sat in the front seat of Rad's van as Rad drove. After a long while of driving, they finally got to New York and checked into the nearest motel. After a few hours of unpacking, eating and unwinding after the long road trip, they went to The Museum of Natural History. As they were walking up the steps, Ko noticed everyone else walking out of the museum just as they were about to walk up the steps and into the museum. "Are you sure we should be here now? The museum is just about to close. Maybe we should just come back here tomorrow morning when the museum opens" Ko said as they walked up the rest of the steps. "Nah! It'll be okay Ko! Just give it a minute!" she said as she looked to the sky as the sun was setting. Nebula opened the doors and smiled.

"Hi everyone!" Nebula said as looked around and saw Larry, Nick and Tilly to the front. "Hey Nebula! Welcome back!" Tilly said in excitement as she hugged her tight. As Nick and Tilly were welcoming them back, Larry locked the front doors. "Hey guys! Look over there!" Ko said as he noticed a bright glow coming from the Egyptology exhibit wing of the museum. Nebula smirked as she watched the sun slowly set. "Party time!" Nebula said as she secured her phone in her pocket as she saw everyone coming to life once again.

"Well well well, look what the cat dragged in" a voice said. "It's nice to see you again" Dr McPhee said as he walked towards them. "Hello again Dr McPhee" Nebula said. "So, what brings you back here?" he asked. "We're shooting a movie and we would like to try and see if we can film here. We would film in Lakewood but we caught those Boxmore robots spying on us" Nebula explained. "Who do we need to ask to film?" Ko asked."As long as you don't break anything or let anyone out, you are more than welcome to film here and use whatever you need. Deal?" Dr McPhee said as he walked over to them. He then held out his hand. "Deal" Enid said as she shook his hand. "Shiny metal box lady!" They heard a voice yell. "Craig!" Nebula said happily. She quickly got her phone from her pocket and handed it to Rad. "I told you, my name is Nebula" she said after she made sure that Rad had her phone secured before she went to hug Craig. Just as she hugged Craig, Ahkmenrah and Iris came out from around the corner. "Ahk! Iris!" Nebula greeted. She heard Craig whining and when Nebula turned around, she saw Craig was reaching up for Nebula's phone that Rad was levitating away from him. "Craig, leave her phone alone!" Iris said as she noticed Craig trying to reach for her phone while Rad levitated it out of his reach. "Don't worry babe! I'm keeping your phone out of his reach!" Rad called. "You're the best baby!" she called. She then blew him a kiss. Nebula then levitated herself onto the top of the stairs. She then let out a whistle and everyone looked to her. "Alright everyone, listen up! We're making a movie about a guy and a girl with a betrayal and excetra, and if anyone is interested, I'll be doing auditions in the Ocean exhibit in five minutes!" she announced. "Hey Larry, Tilly, do you guys wanna help us with auditions?" she asked. They shrugged and agreed. She then happily whisked her friends into the Ocean Exhibit.

Almost everyone auditioned and Nebula smiled happily as she was able to fill the roles that were available. For some roles, she had Larry help her decide who would be best to play certain roles. She then had everyone gather around as she read off the list of who got what role. "And with that said, let's begin rehearsals! If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask" she announced excitedly. She then levitated copies of the script that were made while she was doing auditions to everyone. She then joined her friends in setting up for the first scene for rehearsals. She hugged Rad and rambled on about how happy she was that they could finally begin to make their movie. Someone then came in and asked Nebula a question about their part in the movie. Rad heard a small 'beep' and he noticed that Nebula left her phone on the table near him. He glanced at her phone and he saw that Prohyas has been texting her when she was currently busy. He picked up her phone and thought for a moment whether or not he should check their messages. Just then, Nebula walked over to him. "Hey honey! Everything okay?" she asked. "Yeah. You're phone went off" he said as he handed her the phone. "I had it just incase Craig came in and saw it go off" he said. "You're so sweet and thoughtful" she cooed. She then kissed his cheek and checked her notifications. She then got everything ready for the first rehearsal. It went by just as Nebula had expected, with some errors and people having to do the same scene over and over again.

Dendy set up a place for them to stay at while they were filming just outside the museum. When they were done filming and getting ready to go to bed, Nebula stopped Enid. "Hey Enid, can we talk?" she asked. Enid nodded and Nebula lead her away from the others. "Look, Rad told me about what you were saying about me the other day" she said. "O-oh?" Enid said getting nervous and Nebula nodded. "Why would you say such awful things about me? I thought we were friends" she asked disappointedly. "We are! It's just, you are so obsessed with him and he's starting to become more obsessed with you. Don't you think it's weird to be so obsessed with each other?" Enid asked. Nebula sighed and sat down.

"Do you know what it's like to be me? I'm a genetically created being. I technically never had a childhood, or parents, or even real friends that didn't know that I was created when I first met them! When I woke up, all I knew was P.O.I.N.T and how to be a hero. Every time I walked the halls, you won't believe all the stares I got wherever I went from the agents and other heroes and heroes in training! They would always talk about me and it made me feel like more of a freak! Every day, all I wanted to do was stay locked up in my room because I couldn't take all the stares and comments. If it weren't for Mama Bianca, I probably wouldn't be here. If I would have stayed back at P.O.I.N.T, I would have chosen the path to be a hero and I would have never been able to experience love for myself. I always saw Mama Bi with Laserblast and I never knew why she was so happy until I started dating Rad. I know that you two went on one date and then a second date. But, as you and Rad said, you guys just wanted to stay friends. But I don't see what your problem is with Rad and I being together. He's my first boyfriend and I can't imagine myself with anyone else but him. You never seemed to have a problem with us being together until recently. What's up with that?" she asked. "I'm sorry. It's just, seeing Rad so mushy is weird to me and it's strange to see him acting like how we did on our first date. I used to have feelings for him back then and I guess that there will always be a part of me that always will. I suppose that maybe I'm a bit jealous that you guys are so happy together" Enid said. "I'm sure you'll find someone of your own one day and I understand that it's hard, especially now that you surrounded by couples, but, if you had a problem with me, I would have liked you to saw it to my face" Nebula said as she put a hand on her shoulder. The girls then hugged in a silent forgiveness.

Over the next month, they began to form together their movie entry for Lakewood Plaza's Annual Film Festival. During the day, Nick, Ko, and Nebula would edit the film and Rad would get more props, equipment, and costumes together with Nebula, whoever else wanted to join, and either Nick or Larry to show him where to go to get what they needed for the movie. Nebula would also storyboard with Dendy using Dendy's technology to determine what camera shots were needed for the scenes.

The next night, Nebula and Rad came in levitating mountains of boxes. "Oooh! Shiny metal box lady! What do you have here?" Craig asked as he came bounding over to her. "Craig, how many times do I have to tell you, my name is Nebula" she said annoyed at how he refused to call her by her name. He ignored her as he was finally able to grab a box and he opened it to see a wide variety of donuts. "Oh. My. Ahkie look!" Craig began to say excitedly as he stared at the doughnuts with a sparkle in his eyes. "Doughnuts!" Craig yelled as he grabbed the doughnuts and shoved them in his face. "Make sure to save some for everyone else" Ahkmenrah scolded as Craig continued to shove more doughnuts into his mouth. "Anyway, we are officially done filming. I want to go ahead and thank everyone for all the help and support you have given us. None of this would have been possible without all of you" Nebula said. "Enid, Sac, Tilly, Elaine, Iris. Thank you for being the best friends to the main female. All of your performances were flawless. Craig, you played the part of the false love perfectly! Nick, Dendy, you two did amazing with your filming and I can't thank you enough for agreeing to help me film. Once again, I'm sorry for being so protective of the camera. Ko, Dendy, Nick, awesome job with the editing, music, sound effects, and everything. You guys did phenomenal!" she said. She then tapped something on her phone and the completed film began to play. Once it was over, Dendy got the place she set up for them to stay. They all then said their final farewells and the Lakewood gang got into Rad's van and drove back home.