Chapter 1

~Her~

What do you do? What do you do when a child you don't even know tell you something of such importance? How do you handle it? How do you save that child? How are you supposed to handle it? What would you do? 

***

Betty walked inside the room again and sat down beside Jellybean. Jellybean was crying and even though the room was dark, Betty saw her tears. She hugged her tightly. 

"Sch." She softly hushed her. "It's going to be okay." She reassured her. Jellybean cried into her chest and Betty stroke her hair. "Get some sleep, okay? I'll talk to Jughead." Jellybean nodded and lied down. 

"Thank you, Betty." She whispered. Betty smiled at her as she tucked her in. 

"Don't worry about it." It was weird, the whole situation was. It isn't what you would expect to happen on a Saturday. But Betty was happy Jellybean was safe. Even though she had promised herself never to talk to Jughead again she had to, and it made her sad and happy at the same time. She wanted to talk to him, of course, she wanted that, but she was afraid that he wouldn't answer. And that she would go straight back to him. But then again, she needed to talk to him, Jellybean needed help. 

She sighed as she picked up her phone. Reggie had sent her a text asking if they could hang out soon. And before she knew it she had set a date with him. Someone she didn't even care about. Because maybe...he could make her forget all about Jughead. 

Jughead's name was displayed as she clicked the 'call' button. The picture of him that appeared on the screen made her want to scream. Her heart was beating fast and she felt like throwing up. Before she even put the phone to her ear she heard a voice telling her that the number was no longer in use. She sighed as she looked at the ceiling, hands covering her face. 

"Damn it." She whispered. Either she had blocked her or...or something had happened. She bit her lip and called Cheryl instead. She picked up immediately. And Betty sighed in relief. 

"Cousin Betty, what a delight to hear your voice in the middle of the night." Cheryl said and Betty tried to figure out if she was serious or if she was joking. Betty could never tell when it came to Cheryl. 

"I need to talk to Toni." Betty shortly said. If there was anyone in town who knew where the hell Jughead was it was Toni. And they lived right by each other, so she could check in on him and tell him to get his shit together and help his sister. 

"Ugh, cousin Betty, she's with me right now, can't it wait til like..." Betty loved Cheryl, she really did, but at that moment she was about to flip out. She had to talk to Jughead. 

"Cheryl!" Betty said and Cheryl sighed. 

"Fine, fine. There's no need to sound so pissed." Cheryl mumbled. Betty could hear how Cheryl gave the phone to Toni. 

"What's up?" Toni said and Betty walked downstairs to make sure that Jellybean wouldn't hear anything. 

"Do you know where Jug is?" Betty asked. She was too close to a mental breakdown to pretend to be happy. Everything was just too much. 

"Uhm...no? He said he'd be out of town again. So I would guess he's with his sister again?" Toni said hesitantly. Betty wanted to yell at her for giving her such bad advice.