Chapter 2

[Contains description of sexual assault]

~Him~

Sometimes life puts us in situations that are so unbelievable that if someone told you a year ago you wouldn't believe them. If someone told you a week ago you wouldn't believe them. If you told them yesterday you wouldn't believe them. And sometimes, for short periods of time during your lifetime, you would believe them. 

***

They sat around the table, Jughead, Betty and his little sister, Jellybean. It was a weird combination. Especially under the circumstances. And Betty knew something he didn't and that scared him. He knew that something was wrong and he had tried his best not to freak out. Tried his best not to wake Betty up when she finally got some sleep. He tried his best not to scream at the entire world because he knew something was wrong. 

"Are you going to tell me or are you just going to sit there?" Jughead mumbled and Jellybean twirled a piece of her hair. Betty looked at Jughead and then back at Jellybean. 

"I...ran away from home." Jellybean whispered and Jughead noticed the tears filling her eyes. 

"Why?" Even though Jughead tried to say it as nice as possible he was getting impatient which made it sound like a demand. 

"Because..." Jellybean started but her voice didn't bear with her. "Leonard...he...he touched me." Jughead looked at her with an expression neither of them had seen before. He was beyond mad. 

"He what?" He screamed. "He fucking what?" His eyes were dark and wild and Betty knew he was about to break something...or someone. "I fucking swear to god I will kill that man." Jughead growled as he stood up. The movement was done so fast that his chair fell to the floor. He ran to the door to get his boots on and get out of the house. He was so mad that he didn't know what to do. He didn't hear Betty telling Jellybean to go upstairs so that she could calm Jug down. He didn't hear how Betty walked up behind him. 

When a warm hand grabbed his hand he turned around. He was so pissed that everything seemed to be red. He wanted to kill someone. Betty looked into his eyes even though he didn't look at her.

"Calm down." She whispered. But Jughead just laughed in her face. A cold, mad laugh that sent chills down Betty's spine. 

"Calm down? Calm down? That fucker touched her! Touched my sister! How the fuck am I supposed to fucking calm down!?" Betty took his face in her hands. 

"Because she needs you right now." She whispered. Jughead shook himself loose from her hands and he took his jacket. He needed to find Leonard, needed to get his gun, needed to shoot him. "Jughead!" She yelled after him, but he still didn't look at her. He was about to walk out of her house and she knew it. Maybe that was the reason she did what she did. Or maybe because she missed him so incredibly. 

She grabbed his arm and forced him to turn around. Then she took his face in her hands again. And before he could pull away she pressed her lips against his. His shoulders relaxed and his tensed muscles loosened up. Betty placed her arms around his neck and he laid his hands on her hips. Before she knew it he forced his tongue inside of her mouth and she just let him. Loved to feel his touch. 

When he let go of her his breathing had calmed down and she looked down at the ground. He looked at her with so much love in his eyes, the fond kind of stare that you only give to someone that means the world to you. He was surprised that she had calmed him down. 

"I'm sorry." She mumbled and he placed a finger under his chin and lifted her head up, she looked at him and he smiled. 

"Don't be." He whispered and moved closer to her. The way that she just made him forget everything around him amazed him, it completely stunned him but at the same time, it terrified him. She had so much power over him and she didn't even know it. She looked up at him with blue, bright eyes.