Chapter 3

~Her~

Love is such a weird phenomenon. There is a chemical reaction that happens inside of you. It is the combination of Dopamine, Seratonin, and Oxytocin or C8H11NO2 + C10H12N2O + C43H66N12O12S2. But true love really has nothing to do with science. True love doesn't make any sense. It is just a bunch of thoughts that don't make any sense. Thoughts that make you want to do things. Thoughts that make you do things. And it doesn't matter how irrational they seem. You still do them.

***

As the words left her mouth she teared up. How was she ever supposed to stop loving this man in front of her? It didn't matter what he did, she would always come running into his arms. Because she loved him. She loved him and she was tired of shoving down those feelings. It felt so good to finally say them to the person she really loved.

When the words left her mouth his sobs stopped and he looked up at her. He turned his head and looked at her. But she kept looking straight forward.

"You made me hurt Jughead. But...I made you hurt too. And I'm sorry about that." Betty said. Jughead just looked at her with that fond look of his. She took a deep breath. "I am sorry about what I said a few days ago. It wasn't true. You are not killing me. And...you didn't kill Polly either. It wasn't fair of me to say that." She softly said. Jughead was wondering if she told him the truth.

"Then why did you say it?" Betty shrugged. She gave him a quick look and then stared at the floor.

"I guess...that I was mad at you for sleeping with Melanie. And...at that moment it felt as if you were actually killing me. And I had to say something to get you out." Betty said and Jughead took her hand. "Did...did you enjoy it?" Betty mumbled. Her cheeks were blushing and she avoided eye contact with Jughead. It was embarrassing to ask, but she had to know.

"Enjoy what?" Jughead asked and Betty refused to answer. "Oh, you mean..." Betty nodded and Jughead pushed away his hair. He cleared his throat. "No." He said and Betty looked at him with those bright blue eyes. She looked so innocent. With her blonde hair in a ponytail and huge eyes. She was asking for more details without saying it out loud. "I fucked her because I wanted to forget you. But...well...that didn't work." Betty smiled.

"It didn't?" Betty hoped that he would say no. And when he shook his head her heart skipped a beat. "Do you love me?" This time she didn't just hope for him to say yes, she needed him to. If he would push her away once again she would...she would...she would die.

"More than anything." Jughead said and Betty turned her entire torso to him. "I have never loved someone as much as I love you. And that is so fucking scary Betty. You..." He stopped for a second. A second of hesitation. "you have some sort of power over me. And I just...I love you so much." Betty giggled and straddled him.

"I love you too." Betty whispered. Jughead looked her deep in the eyes. She smiled, the smile that only he brought out, and he bit his lip. Not in the kind of way that you do when you're insecure but the kind when you look at someone you love and they just...they do something small that just happens to be what made you love them. He smiled back and she leaned in closer. "Please don't push me away again." She whispered. Jughead shook his head.

"I tried to protect you but that was not what you needed." Jughead simply said. "What you needed was..."

"You." Betty softly said as she cut him off. Jughead smiled. Without giving it much thought she let out her hair and Jughead looked at her with hungry eyes. She leaned in closer and pressed her lips against his. This time she didn't wait for him to enter her mouth. She pushed her tongue against his lips and forced them to split. He played with her tongue for a while. Until he decided it was enough.