02

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It didn't take long for Donghyuck to start dating another girl. In fact, he's now dating the president of the choir club. When he told Eunji the news, she was somewhat happy for him— especially because him and his new girl had something in common: singing.

"I'm telling you Eunji, she's perfect," he gushed over his girlfriend. Him and Eunji were having another monthly relationship advice session at her house. They both lied down on her king sized bed staring at the ceiling.

Eunji turned to face Donghyuck and laughed, "That's good for you." She didn't understand why she wasn't completely happy for him, maybe because she was sure that they were going to break up soon. Or maybe, she was jealous that Donghyuck had a girlfriend when she didn't even have anyone to love. It was so easy for him to get a girl, but for her, it definitely was tough.

"I swear, she sings like an angel. We planned to sing a cover together soon and post it online," he smiled as he put his hand over his heart. "We're going to be those musical couples, you know? I'm excited."

"Well, I'm excited to hear it," she sighed as she positioned herself to look back up at the ceiling.

"You know, Eunji-ah? When I say she's perfect, I feel like she's the one."

And that's when Eunji's heart dropped. She never expected Donghyuck to say something like that about a girl because frankly, he never takes girls seriously.

She quickly got up acting like she forgot to do something. Donghyuck was startled by her movement and propped himself up as well. "Ah, oh, uh. Hyuck, I forgot I had to do something for eomma. I, uh, think you have to go."

"Oh? Do you want me to help you?" he suggested as he examined his best friend's actions. She shook her head and walked him out of the door. He knew she was lying, but he let her be. She was probably in one of those moods again.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It's been months. Months since Eunji and Donghyuck had that relationship advice session. But it's not like Eunji was purposely avoiding Donghyuck, he was too preoccupied with his girlfriend.

The days Eunji and Donghyuck would spend together during lunch was replaced with Eunji eating in a classroom with this girl in her class, and Donghyuck in the music room with his girlfriend.

Eunji felt alone for the most part, and she wasn't used to it. Throughout junior high she had Hansol or even Hyuck by her side. The girl Eunji spends her days with a classmate, Jin Ae, during lunch was slowly becoming her new friend, and she didn't complain.

"Your bestfriend, Donghyuck, him and his girlfriend are pretty cute," Jin Ae commented as they both saw Hyuck and his girlfriend picking up trash after school. Eunji didn't realize that she was squeezing her empty water bottle until Jin Ae panicked, "Ah! Never mind! Eunji-ah! They look horrible together!"

"Huh?" Eunji questioned, aggressively throwing the bottle into the recycling bin. "They're cute, yeah."

"Eunji-ah, oh my gah. Why are you being so aggressive for? Are you jealous?!" she teased, poking at Eunji's shoulder as they continued to watch Hyuck and his new girlfriend.

"Jealous!? No!" Eunji retorted back at her friend dragging her away.

Donghyuck, on the other hand, noticed Eunji and attempted to wave at her when his girlfriend, Minhee, wasn't looking.

"Oi, honey? What are you looking at?" she asked sweetly, batting her eyes at him.

"Nothing, I just thought I saw a rabbit near the recycling bin," he lied, knowing if he told his girlfriend the truth she would be extremely jealous.

"It better be just a rabbit, honey. Remember I'm your only girl," she demanded, but pouted attempting to look cute. Hyuck rolled his eyes when she wasn't looking. At this point he was starting to get sick of her, but for some reason when he would hear her singing voice he would be drawn back in.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was late Saturday night, and Eunji was exhausted from studying the whole day. She heard a knock coming from her window which freaked her out a bit. She flipped the lights open and walked towards her window to see Hyuck standing infront of the window waiting for her to open it. Eunji motioned him to go to the front door for him to enter but instead he pointed to the window. Opening it, Hyuck climbed into her room quickly.

She hasn't talked to this boy for months, and yet he comes back in the most extravagant way. Like he never even left her in the first place. Eunji felt hesitant about letting him in—only because she was supposed to be mad at him—but she knew in her heart that she couldn't stay mad at him for too long.

"You're so extra," Eunji laughed at her bestfriend as he plopped himself on her bed. He groaned as he tucked himself into her sheets and patted the area right next to him for her to lay on. "Hyuck? You really come in like this after 6 months of blatantly ignoring me." she questioned sitting right next to him.

"I just broke up with her," he whined, closing his eyes. "Just let me sulk." Donghyuck peacefully fell asleep in her bed, just like old times. Eunji turned the lights off and tucked herself into bed as well, right next to Donghyuck. The moon shined bright on his face and Eunji just admired his cuteness.

She missed him. She missed his presence, his voice, his jokes, his laughter. Everything. Having him right next to her was so nice, but somehow it felt brand new.

As soon as she realized what she was thinking, she panicked and quickly faced the other way squeezing her stuffed animal to death. Her face heated up and she heard her heart beat so loud that she was afraid it would wake Hyuck up. In his sleep, he placed his arm around Eunji's body and pulled her closer to him. She attempted to escape his grasp, but he held her in tighter.

"Eunji stop moving," he muttered into her hair. She gave up and listened to him, allowing for him to cuddle with her.

She sighed knowing she was so bare minimum when it came to Hyuck. But she couldn't deny the fact that she didn't enjoy the moment they had together. Her heart and stomach were doing backflips every second as she fell asleep into his arms.