03

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Second year of high school was approaching, and things between Eunji and Hyuck felt the same. Having monthly relationship advice sessions about Hyuck and his new female every few months to Eunji sulking over being single. Instead she decided to focus on studies and spent time with her new female friend Jin Ae.

Jin Ae found Hyuck extremely suspicious even though Eunji never properly introduced them to one another. In fact, her friend didn't even want to meet Eunji's other bestfriend or she would come across as hostile towards him.

"Eunji-ah, I wonder," Jin Ae whispered, interrupting their study session in the library. Eunji stopped what she was writing to focus on her friend.

"Wonder about what?" she tilted her head in confusion, as well as curiosity.

"Remember when you told me when you first started complaining about that Donghyuck aaaaand he mentioned that dating was like a process of elimination?"

"Um yes?" Eunji rolled her eyes and continued to finish her notes. She didn't really want to hear about Jin Ae's lame theories about Hyuck again— only because Eunji knows how much she hated Hyuck.

"Well maybe he's eliminating the girls because they're not... I don't know? You?" Jin Ae rubbed her chin in thought, which made Eunji choke.

"Excuse me? No!" Eunji raised her voice but quieted down as the librarian shushed her. "We're just friends, Jin Ae-ah. Nothing more," she whispered. "Just best childhood friends."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Donghyuck was now dating the school's golf club captain who barley even spoke, but her beauty was definitely mesmerizing. She would giggle at the most inappropriate jokes Hyuck would make, which made him calm whenever he would make a offensive comment about something.

But Hyuck wasn't satisfied with their relationship, and he definitely felt like something was missing. He didn't even know if it was her, or him. But he knew something was empty. Well, all of his former relationships felt empty.

He craved something more within a relationship. He wanted the enjoyment—where his heart would skip a beat because he was so nervous to even flirt with him. He wanted the comfort— where he knew she was always there for him to offer a shoulder cry.

Him and that golf captain didn't have any of that, but instead it was just eating out and him attempt to crack up jokes for her to bust a little laughter.

"Uh, I have something to tell you," he sat down with her at the lunch table nervously. The golf captain wasn't really paying attention to him, instead she was just on her phone swiping away on whatever app she was on. Her eyes met his, which made her look back at her phone.

"Hm?" she questioned, still not paying any attention to her boyfriend. Or, soon to be ex boyfriend.

"I think we should break up." She stopped swiping on her phone and nodded walking away without any tears. He didn't even know if she was even sad or angry about their breakup, but at least he was free at last.

And Donghyuck felt like he was 1 step closer to finding his true love.

He sighed staring at the top of the table until he heard someone calling his name. He looked up to see Eunji holding a recycling bin on one hand and her waving her hand up in the air.

"Yah! Donghyuck! Help me!" she yelled and he zoomed towards her forgetting that he even broke up with a girl a few minutes ago. "I need help putting this in the big recycling bin."

He took the bin and dumped the piles of paper into the big recycling bin. "You're such a weakling," he chuckled handing her the bin back.

"Ah, whatever," she dismissed him, but smiles widely at the boy. "So? You and golf girl?"

"It's over now," he sighed in relief. "I feel closer to my next girlfriend, you know? Process of elimination like I said," he laughed, and she laughed along with him. She then remembered what Jin Ae commented in the library which made her feel a bit awkward.

"Good luck," she giggled. "I have to finish my after school duties and you should go home and do your homework!" Eunji scolded. Donghyuck just laughed.

"I have baseball practice soon, the captain is going to kill me if I don't go," he mentioned waving bye to her to walk towards the locker rooms.

"Lee Jeno would definitely murder you and your bony ass!" she teased and waved back at him.

For some reason, after seeing his bestfriend, his day always ended up brighter.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was Hyuck's first baseball game of the season, and he was extremely anxious. Jeno was on his ass about hitting the ball as he also begged Hyuck to hit a home run for once. He's been focusing on his big game, but he also felt like his mind was all over the place.

Eunji knew about Hyuck's big game and decided to come by to support him. They haven't been communicating as much as before because he would have baseball practice after school, then he heads to dance practice afterwards. He surprisingly hasn't been chatting up with a lot of girls. Actually, his last girlfriend was golf girl, but there isn't a doubt that his little cheerleaders would want to confess to him next. Of course, there could be a possibility Donghyuck would say yes.

He tapped the bat onto the ground swinging it back and forth. He hasn't hit good the whole game, and the pressure was definitely on him. His team was 2-3 and if he hit a homerun, they would win. His nerves were getting to him, and he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to hit the homerun him and Jeno bet on.

"LETS GO HYUCK! DONGHYUCK DONGHYUCK DONGHYUCK!" he heard a familiar scream in the audience. He knew it was Eunji cheering for him and her bestfriend Jin Ae actual came by to support as well. Or support her high school crush, Jeno instead.

As soon as he heard her cheers, the nervousness went away and he swung the bat with ease. He heard the ball's force against the bat as it flew all the way to the other side of the field. Hyuck ran as fast as he can as he heard the coaches and Eunji's scream, "Run Hyuck!" So he ran, and ended up back at base.

"HYUCK! YOU- YOU DID IT!" Jeno screamed tackling his friend. His other teammates, Jaemin, Renjun, and Chenle came running in to tackle him as well. They won, and Hyuck felt like it was all thanks to Eunji.

Eunji, being the daredevil that she is, ran down the bleachers and jumped down onto the field. She hugged Hyuck from behind and congratulated him.

"I didn't know you had that in you!" she yelled happily, which made him a bit nervous.

"Yeah, I didn't either," he chuckled pulling her into a hug once again.

"I recorded that homerun for your eomma! She's going to be so proud when she sees this! Oh my god! My bestfriend did that!" Eunji pulls out her phone to show Hyuck what she recorded. Instead, Hyuck decided to focus on her smiling face and enjoyment from the game he played in.

Words cannot describe how Donghyuck was extremely happy that he had such an amazing, supportive bestfriend.