06

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

If anyone asked what Hansol's biggest fear was, it was probably this moment in his lifetime. He was facing his girlfriend's best friend and his enemy. He knew he did not want to lose a good girl like Eunji, but his co-actress peaked his interest recently.

"I'm not cheating on her, I swear!" Hansol denied once again. The three were sitting inside of the cafe causing a huge commotion.

"You are!" Jin Ae spoke loudly. "What did I just witness with my two eyes!"

"My co-actress and I were just bonding! I swear," he argued back, lying one more time.

"I'm so tired of this," Hyuck rolled his eyes. "Jin Ae deal with him please." And she nodded as Hyuck left the two at the table.

All Donghyuck wanted to do was to show up to Eunji's house and apologize. Maybe give her a big hug.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

As soon as he arrived to her front door, he was unsure if he should actually come to see her or not. He rubbed the back of his neck because of his indecisiveness, pacing back and forth. Until he heard the door open.

"Uh, hi," Eunji said awkwardly.

"Hi."

"I was just going to get the mail." Hyuck couldn't listen to a word she said after that. He just ran up to her and gave her the biggest hug he's always wanted to give. It took her a while to hug him back, but the familiarity of his warmth tugged at her heart.

"I missed you and I'm sorry," he muffled in her arms.

"I missed you too. I'm also sorry, Hyuck," she laughed. She was just very happy to see her best friend once again. Their reunion made them both complete.

As soon as Eunji checked the mail, they both went inside to catch up with one another. It was relieving to the both of them that they were communicating. They both could not stand any tension they had before.

They both laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling fan in Eunji's room. A relationship advice session was needed and long overdue.

"How's uh, your love life?" Eunji questioned as she wondered if the rumors of him being completely single was true.

"There's none. I've actually been single for a while because of baseball. That's just about it," he chuckled at the thought of his baseball friends. He enjoyed spending time with the boys, and he was grateful that they all became close friends. "How's you and Hansol?"

Eunji flinched at his name. They haven't really went on a date in months, and she just felt neglected. "I don't know," she spoke quietly. "I don't think I'm doing my job right as a girlfriend."

Hyuck's insides were heating up. He couldn't understand why she was blaming herself for everything, when they both knew it was Hansol's fault, "Eunji, stop it. It's not your fault. It's that shitty boyfriend of yours! Just break up with him already!"

"I- I can't," she sat up as her lower lip started to quiver. "I- I think I love him too much and it's hurting me. Or maybe I don't know, maybe I just realized that I don't love him and I feel guilty so I stay," Eunji cried. She held in her hurt for so long that she just started to bawl.

"Eunji," Hyuck sighed at his friend's hurt. He scooted next to her and started to pat her back. "No matter how much you love someone, if you're hurting and they know it, then leave. You don't have to keep this up. He's good for nothing! And if you really don't love him, then you win! Leave him in the dust, show him what he's missing!"

"Hyuck! I can't! I just can't okay!" she cried even harder. "I don't know why I stay! I don't know if it's for pride because he's so good at everything, or if it's because everyone else around me have long lasting relationships! Or if it's because it's been so lonely without you here."

Hyuck grabbed her face and slowly wiped her tears away. Eunji's round eyes stared into his, and he thought about it. He thought about leaning in. On the other hand, Eunji couldn't believe what she just blurted out. Their hearts were beating faster and faster, until Hyuck just pulled her in for a hug.

"It's okay, Eunji, I'm here now," Hyuck patted her head as he comforted her. "I won't leave."

"Eunji-ah!" they both heard someone yell from downstairs. They quickly pulled away as they realized it was Jin Ae. She bursted into the door, "Yah! I kept calling you! Are you okay? You look like you cried! Is it that Hansol shit! Yah leave that two timing bitch!"

"Did you know Jeno asked me about you?" Hyuck interrupted, which shocked both Jin Ae and Eunji.

"Haha, no. Impossible! Very impossible!"

"No seriously! He did! Want to see the text message!"

"No! Yah, Lee Donghyuck! I know you're just teasing me!"

Eunji and Hyuck laughed at Jin Ae's reactions.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The next few days was difficult for Eunji. She didn't know when the right time was to confront Hansol. He's been blatantly ignoring her which was getting on Eunji's nerves. She knew she had to end it with him once and for all.

Eunji stormed into the drama room to see Hansol alone practicing his lines.

"Eunji-ah," Hansol muttered.

"Honey!" Eunji replied sarcastically. "I don't think me and you will work out anymore."

"Why?" Hansol was starting to sound angry. "Why? Is it that Donghyuck guy? I always knew there was something between you two!"

Eunji was a bit lost for words at Hansol's speculation, "No! Hansol! It's you! You're cheating on me! I know it! I don't deserve any of this! It's over!"

"Yah, this Donghyuck guy really brainwashed you huh? Ever since middle school! I always knew!"

"We're just bestfriends, Hansol! This thing between us! It's over!"

Eunji made her dramatic exit out of the room. She couldn't believe she had the confidence to break up with someone like that. Especially when she did not have the courage the days back. She was waiting for him to end it with her first, but shouldn't take it any longer. She had to leave this toxic relationship. However, it did get her wondering why Hansol kept bringing up Hyuck. They were just best friends, nothing more.