𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

saturday, march 24, 1984- 10:22 AM

»»————-✩————-««

Andrew was stretching as Bender started ripping pages out of library books and tossing them all over the place. Opal tried to write her paper, but was distracted by the commotion going on.

"That's real intelligent." Andrew says to Bender sarcastically.

"You're right, it's wrong to destroy literature." Bender returns, with the same sarcastic tone. He continues to rip pages out of the book.

"It's such fun to read! And 'Molet' really pumps my nads!" Bender continues.

"Molière." the redhead corrected.

"I love his work." Johnson says.

"Me too." Opal replies. Johnson looked at her, and they both smiled, blushing. Bender rips the rest of the pages out and throws them at the two. He then proceeds to take cards out of the card catalog.

"Big deal, nothing to do when you're locked in a vacancy." Bender grumbles.

"Speak for yourself." Andrew says. 

"Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language!" Bender exclaims. Andrew ignores him and turns to the redhead.

"Hey, you grounded tonight?" Andrew asks her. She shrugs at him.

"I don't know. My mom said I was, but my dad told me to just blow her off." she says.

"Big party at Stubby's, parents are in Europe. Should be pretty wild." Andrew says.

"Yeah?" the redhead asks.

"Yeah. Can you go?" the jock asks.

"I doubt it..." the redhead tells Andrew.

"How come?" he asks.

"Well 'cause if I do what my mother tells me not to do, it's because because my father says it's okay. There's like this whole big monster deal, it's endless and it's a total drag. It's like any minute, divorce." the redhead explains. 

"Who do you like better?" Bender interjects. The redhead turns to Bender.

"What?" she asks.

"You like your old man better or your mom?" Bender repeats.

"They're both strict." the redhead says.

"No, I mean if you had to choose between them." Bender says.

"I dunno, I'd probably go live with my brother. I mean, I don't think either one of them gives a shit about me. It's like they use me just to get back at each other." the redhead explains. Opal felt bad for her. She knew how it was, living in a slightly similar situation.

"Ha!" the girl in all black shouts from the back of the room. The other five teenagers turn to face her. She blows her hair out of her eyes.

"Shut up!" the redhead says to the girl wearing all black.

"You're just feeling sorry for yourself." Andrew says.

"Yeah, well if I didn't, no one else would." the redhead retorts.

"Aw, you're breaking my heart." Andrew said sarcastically. Opal's eyes widened. She thought that those two were friendly, and he wouldn't say something like that.

"Sporto." Bender calls to the jock.

"What?" Andrew answers, rudely.

"You get along with your parents?" Bender asks.