𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

saturday, march 24, 1984- 3:40 PM

»»————-✩————-««

"Well, to sum it up, I cursed out my Geometry teacher. I forget her name, but she's this ancient and nasty fucking woman." Opal says.

"Oh, that's Mrs. Orion." Brian says.

"Okay. Anyway, so it's just a normal Thursday in her class, right? Just doing shit problems and her ranting. But out of nowhere this short kid gets up to throw something out. He's not disturbing the class at all, but this fucking woman stops teaching just to tease this kid. She's just like 'Look at this boy, with his acne and his braces. Such a disrespectful boy, interrupting my lesson just to throw some minuscule thing out!' And she's just going on and on, and this poor kid's on the verge of tears. So I had enough and I stand up, and start cursing her out. Saying things like 'You miserable old woman, all you do is pick on these poor fuckin' kids!' I'm ranting on and on, until I see everyone looking at me. She just simply hands me a detention slip after class, and here I am." Opal continues.

"Whoa." Andrew says.

"It wasn't even worth it." Opal says.

"Why? Did the kid say anything to you?" Claire asks.

"Yeah, just saying shit like 'I don't need no fuckin' help, alright. You're just some nobody, who the hell needs your pity?' It hurt like a bitch, I mean he's right. But yeah, I went to Vernon's office after school, and my parents yelled at me until their voices gave out." Opal continues.

"Are you over it?" Brian asks. Opal nods.

"That was brave of you. That little shit should have been on his knees thanking you. What a weasel." Bender says. Opal laughs.

"I guess." she says.

"Hey, I have an idea, do you guys want to dance a little? T-To kill time Iguess," Brian asks. 

"Sure, that's good idea." Claire says. Brian walks into one of the rooms and puts a record on. They all walk downstairs and start dancing. Allison swings her arms around and spins around near the statue. Bender climbed on top of the statue and head-bangs. Opal goes into the same room as Brian, and they link hands and start dancing to the beat while throwing records.

Claire dances on the balcony area on the stairs. Andrew taps along to the beat while sitting on top of one of the lights. Bender continues to head-bang, while Brian and Opal exit the room, dancing more and more. Claire and Allison start bouncing around to the beat. Brian and Opal hold onto each other's forearms and jump around.

Andrew does some air-guitar while Brian bobs his head and spins around energetically. Opal lets go of Brian and does a flip off of the banister. Bender and Allison do a side-step on the railing. After, Andrew, Brian and Bender make fists and pump their forearms forward on the same railing. Claire, Allison and Opal do a variation of the twist on the railing. Bender and Allison bob their heads energetically as the song ends. Opal spins around, and does a split.

The teens are all breathing heavily. Opal smiles at her fellow detention friends. They all smile back. 

"Shit, gotta go!" Bender says. He runs upstairs and climbs up to crawl through the heating duct again.