𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

saturday, march 24, 1984- 3:25 PM

»»————-✩————-««

"I can write with my toes! I can also eat, brush my teeth, play Heart and Soul on the piano..." Allison says proudly.

"With your feet?" Claire asks.

"I can make spaghetti!" Brian says.

"I uh, can shuffle five decks of cards all at once!" Opal says.

"No way, you can?" Brian asks her. 

"Yeah, wish I had some to show you. I'll show you another time." Opal replies.

"What can you do?" Claire asks Andrew.

"I can uh, tape all your buns together." he says. Opal giggles.

"I wanna see what Claire can do!" Bender says.

"I can't do anything." Claire says.

"Now, everybody can do something." Bender continues.

"There's one thing I can do, no forget it, it's way too embarrassing." Claire says, turning a bit red.

"You ever seen Wild Kingdom? I mean that guy's been doing that show for thirty years." Bender says.

"Okay, but you have to swear to God you won't laugh. I can't believe I'm actually doing this..." Claire says. She goes into her bag and takes out a thing of lipstick. She puts it between her breasts and applies it on her lips through her cleavage. When she lifts her head, the lipstick is perfect. 

"Whoa!" Opal says, initiating applause. The other teens start clapping. However, Bender's applause is sarcastic and slow.

"All right, great! Where'd you learn to do that?" Andrew asks.

"Camp, seventh grade." Claire responds.

"That's amazing." Opal says.

"Thanks..." Claire says, smiling.

"That was great, Claire. My image of you is totally blown..." Bender says sarcastically.

"You're a shit! Don't do that to her, you swore to God you wouldn't laugh!" Allison says.

"Am I laughing?" Bender asks Allison.

"You fucking prick!" Andrew exclaims.

"What do you care what I think, anyway? I don't even count, right? I could disappear forever and it wouldn't make any difference. I may as well not even exist at this school, remember?" Bender screams.

"And you don't like me anyway!" Bender says, turning to Claire.

"You know, I have just as many feelings as you do and it hurts just as much when somebody steps all over them!" Claire screams.