thirty

We are driving in Jack's car. I don't know where I am but you know it's fine. Jack put me in a blindfold before we left so I could be on my way to being killed right now.

"Okay, we are here," Jack says as I hear him get out and open my door. "Grab my hand." He says and I extend my hand out and feel his touch mine.

A smile forms on my face as my feet touch gravel "Jack, where are we?" I laugh and hear his chuckle.

"Just follow me." I nod and let him lead me until we suddenly stop and I almost run into him.

"Thanks for the warning," I say sarcastically and he laughs. "Okay, I'm taking it off." He says and I nod eagerly to see where we are.

My mouth drops and my eyes automatically start to tear up. "J-Jack." I start to shake.

There sits my mom's gravestone with a blanket on the ground and a bunch of flowers laying around.

"I thought that your mom should be involved in our anniversary." He says standing behind me.

I walk towards the stone and trace her name that's carved in the stone.

Lily Anne Harrison
Loving daughter, wife, and mother
1967-2018

I feel jacks presence next to me and I look at him. "I've never been here since she died." I cry even more regretting not coming here every day.

"I was a horrible daughter, always arguing with her and-" Jack stops me "hey, hey, hey, you were and still are a perfect daughter."

I stay quiet "You're here now. And besides, I wanted your mom to be here to give you this." He pulls two pieces of paper out of his pocket and I read them.

"You're asking me to prom?" A smile grows on my face and jack nods "I've been thinking of so many ways to ask you, and I had to do it quickly since it's a month away. So I hope you say yes because that wo-" I cut him off.

"I would love to." I grab his hand and look back at my moms grave. I miss her.

(367)