christmas lights • seungcheol

merry christmas! i hope all of you had a good day, even if you don't celebrate!
sorry for not updating in so long, just trying to focus more on myself and self improvement 💓

how are you doing? what are you doing this winter break? let me know!
~

"Thank you again for dinner! It was absolutely wonderful." You smile warmly at Seungcheol's parents as your boyfriend opens the front door. The two of you were the last to leave, his brother and wife already left to take care of their baby.

"Thanks, Mom and Dad. Merry Christmas!" The boy says and waves goodbye, a smile hanging on his lips. Something about going home and seeing his parents always made him glow with a certain happiness. He wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off his face for the entire night.

You embrace his parents once more and leave their house with their son, "Merry Christmas! See you soon!"

Both of you walk towards the car with full stomachs and warm hearts. It seemed to have snowed during dinner and the street lights shined onto the thin layer of snow that decorated the entire neighbourhood. As the night grew darker, it got colder and you could see your breath. Seungcheol started the car and you both buckled up, letting the heater warm everything up.

No words were said as he pulled out of the driveway of his childhood home, music softly playing in the background. Both of you were still so content after dinner. You absolutely loved spending the holiday with his family and chatting with them all night long. Lots of catching up was done and sharing so many stories between everyone.

You loved seeing Seungcheol with his family. He was so relaxed and his mind was cleared of the all his stress and worries. He was purely focused on his loved ones and it warmed your heart to see him back at home. Throughout dinner, the boy would catch you staring at him and flash you his signature smile. His childish side was always shown when he was with his family, his older brother teasing him like always and his parents babying him throughout the night. It warmed your heart to see the Choi family all together.

You wished all of you could gather together more often, but everyone lived so far apart. The two sons grew up and moved away from home, each starting their own lives. The journey home for you and Seungcheol was long but very peaceful. Long drives with your boyfriend was your favourite thing, especially when it was at midnight.

As the boy drove down the quiet roads, you gazed at all the lit up houses. Each one was decked out in festive lights and decorations for the season. It was honestly an art, seeing every house so beautifully decorated. It was captivating and you couldn't take your eyes off of it.

Seungcheol knew you were deep in thought when he stops at a red light. Every year you would talk about dinner on the way home, still on the high of socialising with loved ones. But this year, you were silent.

The boy looks towards you and just as he opens his mouth to say something, he closes it right after. Even in the dim light, he could see the happiest in your eyes. He saw how mesmerised you were by all the lights and how it made you smile. Wanting to make you even more happy, he knew just what to do.

The traffic light changed colours and the boy began driving once more. Instead of going straight, Seungcheol turns into another neighbourhood that he grew up beside. When he was younger, his family would always drive around the streets during the winter season for the exact same reason as tonight.

Your head quickly turns to your boyfriend after seeing the unfamiliar scenery, "Where are you going?"

"Just look." A smile was etched onto his face as his eyes were focused on the road, trying to find his favourite street as a child. He didn't say any more as he was busy reading the street names, and you turned towards your window again.

The boy finds the familiar street and turns onto it, a whole new area appearing in front of you. This wasn't any neighbourhood, this was the expensive one. Big pieces of property, big houses, big front lawns, all covered in lights and decorations for the season. Every house agreed to deck out their houses for the holidays and never failed to impress each year. It was a fun neighbourhood tradition and everyone loved it.

Seungcheol will never forget the look on your face when you saw the entire neighbourhood lit up in lights. It sparkled that same feeling of awe in him that he felt when he was a kid. Seeing you so happy only made the smile on his face grow bigger and his heart fill up with even more love. He was so happy to be sharing this moment with you.

Driving slowly, you both admire all the houses lit up and decorated. Something about it was so magical and only made the season so much more merry.

"Look at that house!" You point at a particular house covered in colourful lights, "It's so cool!"

The front lawn was set up with figurines of Santa and his reindeers, all lit up. Large, light up candy canes fenced the area and was strung with another set of lights. The house was decorated with lights of all colours and flickered in the dark night. It looked so friendly and put a smile on your face.

The boy nods in agreement and continues rolling down the empty street. All the lights left you both in awe. It was amazing to see the effort put into the decorations and how the spirit of the season was alive. A particularly bright houses catches Seungcheol's eyes and he points towards it, "Now that house is pretty."

He drives up to the large house and the two of you gaze at the traditional decorations.

The roof was outlined in warm coloured lights, giving off a classy look. The railing on the porch was wrapped in lights and twinkled against the snow. The front door was framed with a garland that was weaved with lights and had a beautiful wreath hung up. All the decorations tied together and made the house look so much more grand and inviting.

"Wow," you let out as he drives away, "I hope our house will look just as beautiful."

Your mind was racing with ideas for your future house, the one you would share with Seungcheol. The thought of owning a house made the two of you smile, it was something you've always wanted to do. The boy was so happy that you said that out loud, because he was thinking of the same thing. He couldn't wait to buy a house and decorate it with you. By saying that, it was like a promise for a future together.

The two of you continue looking at all the decorated houses along the street. Big snowflakes begin to fall lightly and it makes everything seem so picture perfect. The radio softly plays as you drive, the warmth in the car makes it so cozy.

Seungcheol sticks his hand out towards you and it catches your attention. Smiling, you hold his hand and lace your fingers together. The simple gesture felt like it brought the two of you closer together, the physical touch of one another was so comforting. You feel so safe and happy as your boyfriend drives down the street.

Stopping at a stop sign, he tugs at your hand and pulls you closer to him. Seungcheol stares into your eyes with love overflowing in his heart. As the bright lights reflect in your eyes, the boy knows what true love felt like. It was the little things like this that always reminded him of how much he cherished you and how he always wanted to make you this happy.

You were taken back by his actions, not expecting to meet his loving gaze. You could immediately see what he was feeling just by the look in his eyes.

Returning the same feeling to your boyfriend, you look at his eyes and smile. The chocolate orbs were filled with so much love and admiration, your heart fluttered. A hint of childish glimmered, all because of returning home and looking at the Christmas lights. With the artificial lights illuminating his face, you were reminded of the feeling of true love.

"I-"

But you don't get to say your favourite three words to Seungcheol. The boy you love leans forward and captures your lips with his own.

You gladly kiss him back and cup his face with your hands. His lips are soft and faintly taste like the dessert from dinner. They are warm and inviting, familiar to your own. He's so gentle, you could feel his love and care for you through his lips. They were delicate and affectionate, holding so much meaning. Kisses full of love and promises of a future together.

Seungcheol and you kiss in the warmth of your car, music softly playing in the background while the snow gently falls outside, all under the Christmas lights.

~