maid

ONODERA'S POV ~

"T-Takano-san?!", my mouth went full-on agape, as I stood there, nearly dropping the keychain on the floor,

I completely snapped and got annoyed when I heard him laugh, as a vein popped, "oi! What's so funny, huh?!"

"Nothing. Just...", his voice trailed off as he stared at me, eyeing my every body part... "W-will you stop staring at me and tell me what you're doing here on a saturday?!", I yelled a little, come oooon! Oh heavens above, what did I do to deserve such embarrassment like this?! WAAAAAAHHHHH

"I— huh, oh! You found my keychain. Thank you, Onodera."

"Huh...t-this is yours?", I asked, looking back at the small rabbit keychain on my hand, "of course it is. I meant to give it to you when I had the chance, well, I didn't want to lose it so I had to hang it on my phone while waiting for a chance to give it to you,"

"Guess the string wasn't strong...and it broke."

"Oh...well, here.", he gently took the keychain from my hands,

" I-I'll jus—", he cut me off, saying, "you're working here, part time?"

"Y-yes...I-I had to..."

"You do realize you can just ask your parents for the money if you need it."

"T-this isn't about the money, okay? My sister forced me...she'll embarrass me if I didn't do this..."

"Oh, well, that makes sense. Well, you don't wanna keep your customers waiting now, do you?", he pointed at all the customers staring at us,

"H-hai!", after that I ran back to where Miyo-san was,

"Well, did you return it?", she started, smiling a bit,

"Mm!", I nodded, "do you still need some help with the customers? I can ask one of the girls to help you."

"Em... No, I'm fine, er...will it be okay, though?"

"Hum? What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm just...I don't look like a real girl, do I? I might not fit—"

"Oh, don't worry ~! You look like a girl anytime anywhere, actually!"

"Eh?"

"I'm sure you'll fit in! Stop worrying so much on your first day."

"O-okay...", I answered as I turned and looked at the whole place, it feels so nice to work here, yet not all the time... I walked towards one of the customers' table and asked, "a-are you ready to order, sir?"

"Ah- yes.", he looked back at his menu and pointed at one of the café's specials, "I'll just have a café au lait. Thank you.", then he handed me the menu while I wrote his order on my pad, I bowed my head and race-walked back to the counter and placed the order on the table, as one of the other maids took it and read it.

A girl suddenly walked up to me, and said, "Well well well, Ricchan, I never knew you would be so good in crossdressing, too! You really are an amazing brother~!", Fuyuko?! EEEEEEK, NOOOOO!

She then pinched my cheeks, making them puffy, "ow ow ow!"

"Teeheehee~ I...", her voice then silenced when she looked over my head at one of our customers, her face was definitely angered and annoyed, "why the hell is hehere?", her brows furrowed, as steam of anger puffed out everywhere near her,

"What?", I turned and looked over where she was looking, and... When, wait no... HOW exactly did thesetwo meet?!

"U-um.. *nervous laughter* ahahahaha, F-Fuyu...", when I turned back she was already gone and stomping angrily towards Takano's table,

Good thing this place has many workers...that way I can calm them both down!

Fuyuko then stopped and sat down on the other side of Takano, I stopped and stood my ground, listening to whatever it is they're talking about.

Takano then stopped sipping the coffee he was drinking, as his eye twitched, brows furrowing, "what are you doing, here, Fuyuko."

"Aww, Takano-kun, I was just here to check up on Ricchan. But my question is...what the fuck are youdoing here of all places?"

"I used to be a regular here, but I stopped one time, so I decided to continue being a regular now. 'S there a problem with that?"

"No, there's nothing wrong with that, just... I don't want to see you hurting Ricchan again, don't you fucking dare hurt my little brother again, or you're dead. Mom may accept you as Ricchan's boyfriend, but I don't! Got that?"

"Yeah, yeah. That was ten years ago, let it go already, and plus, I love Ritsu with—"

"Ugh! Stop it with the cheesy lines! It's annoying! Now, you better get that in your head.", then she drifted off to the door and slammed it shut,

Though the ting-a-ling sound was still heard.

"Onodera-kun! the café au lait is ready!", one of the girls yelled,

"Ah- coming!"

I then took it from her hands and handed it to the customer from earlier and ended it with a gentle smile and an "enjoy."

I sighed and sat on the small stool near the counter, as I stared at Takano, he was again sipping his coffee, as he noticed me and stared back and smiled softly, I blushed at his smile, who knew Takano would have such a gentle and soft smile...

"Nee nee, Onodera-kun, 's that guy in some relation to you?", Miyo-san sneaked up behind me, "ah...well..you could say...he's my boss, and lover...", I silently whispered that last part, but I had hoped she didn't hear it. "Oh myyyyy~"

Crap! She heard!

"I...uh..."

"Oh, no need to hide it! I'll keep it a secret, just between us two. Oki? Teeheehee~", then he skipped towards her office, giggling a lot,

"Ugh..."

"Uhm, excuse me, miss, but, where are your restrooms?", a guy poked my back,

"Huh? Oh, I think it's over that way, sir.", I pointed at the hallway near Miyo-san's office, "oh, I see, thank you!",

Huh...

"Oi."

"Eek!"

"T-Takano-san, don't scare me like that! Geez!"

"Heh.", he laughed,

"Come on, don't laugh! Ugh...why are you here anyway?"

"Well, y'know, I just wanted to ask you out on a date."

"A-a date?!"

Yep, this sure was going to be a NIIIIIIIIIIICE weekend...