Downfall

[A/N] By the way this is what Alia is also wearing what can be seen in the picture. Your all amazing I hope you enjoy.

Maiya drove a black car in front of Alia, Iri and Sabers car Maiya was escorting them to their new base of operations. Alia stared out the window, she was being cautious of where she placed her arms, they still hurt from her encounter with assassin.

"How does it feel to drive a car Saber? Do you like it?" Iri asked.

"Yes, I think this is a splendid vehicle. I cannot help but wonder what would have happened had these existed back in my time. Irisviel are you certain it is alright that I drive this vehicle? You seemed to enjoy the act of driving," Saber said.

"It's fine. If you are happy then I'm happy too. I have to say the skills of a servant are amazing. This is your first time touching this machine, yet here you are, driving it perfectly," Irisviel said, Alia was also concerned about her mother's recent behavior, something must've happened.

"Well thank you. I find the sensation somewhat odd myself. It's like I'm employing skills that I was taught long ago. Rather than understanding it intellectually, my instinctively knows what to do next. Still is this a wise idea? This estate that is to be our new base of operations lies right in the heart of the battlefield," Saber stated. Alia was about to agree but her mother spoke.

"Don't worry on that score. Secrecy is the great rule of the Holy Grail War. The Tohsakas and Matous have equal numbers of fortifications within the city proper. The Einzberns are unusual for building that castle in such a distant location. On the contrary, this new base that Kiritsugu has secured for us might actually be more advantageous than the castle we had been using because it's location is unknown to others," Irisviel said, the three women sat in silence for the rest of the ride. Once they arrived at the house it was a strange looking building.

"Another unusual looking building," Iri said.

"From now on this will be your new base of operations," Maiya said holding some keys out to us.

"Alia, would you take the keys for me?" Iri asked, Alia took them a tiny bit confused, she couldn't help but notice that Maiya said 'your base' not 'our base.'

"Maiya what is this key? It looks rather old and different from the others," Alia asked examining an old and rusty key.

"It is the key to the storehouse in the yard. It is very old but I have personally confirmed that it is solidly built. No preparations were made, so this may be somewhat lacking as a residence," Maiya said.

"That's fine. We still have the supplies that Alia bought when she went into town, and as long as it keeps us out of the rain, that's sufficient," Iri said, she didn't have the positive tone of voice she normally had. Maiya drove off and left Iri, Saber, and Alia.

"Shall we go explore?" Alia asked.

"Yes, let's," Saber said.

"This looks a lot like one of this country haunted houses. My guess is that the hallways will have wooden floors, and the rooms floors are woven grass, with partitions made of paper!" Alia twirled in a circle examining the house.

"I told him once I wanted to see a Japanese mansion. Maybe Kiritsugu remembered," Iri said, as Saber smiled.

"Was it not what you were expecting?" Saber asked as they walked into the house.

"No, it's not that, I enjoyed it. But this isn't really an Ideal base for a mage there are a few things that could be better. The magical barriers are well laid but for a workshop it's... well when it's open to the outside the magic has lots of ways it's able to leak out. In fact, I would've preferred a room walled off with stone or clay," Iri said.