°sechsundfünfzig°

Maynard

I walked in the big castle or palace

I walked in the big castle or palace. Whatever you call it. I hid my scent from the female warriors but I know they will remember my face. I'm just here to get my Luna back and go on home. I really need Melanie.

The house was filled with people talking and laughing. They was packs from the north. Some of them are probably from the West. I never saw them before.

I look through the crowd seeing Cullen talking to some lady. He smiled at her and kissed her cheek then walked off. I walk to the other room where the servents served champagne. I grabbed a glass and went around the table looking at the sweets.

"You must really love here"I heard a female voice next to me.

"Where is she?"I ask. I knew it was Melanie mother. I looked at her beautiful face as she looked over in the hallway leading to the kitchen.

"She knows your here but Averett and his warriors knows as well. They also know that I'm trying to escape with my daughter"she said.

"So I have to find her without being spotted"I said.

She nod her head. "Go now"she pushed me out the way and walk to the door way. I walked out the room where the sweets were making my way down the hall to the kitchen. I looked inside the kitchen seeing Melanie looking down at something.

"I thought you was dead"she said.

"Well I wasn't. You wanted me to die"I chuckled. She turn around with tears in her eyes. "Come here"I motion her to come to me. She speed walk to me and hugged me tightly.

"I miss you so much maynard"she cried.

"What they done to you?"I ask growling lowly.

"Nothing, I just want to leave. Me, my sister and my mom have to leave"she said.

"You have to give me a reason Melanie on why y'all want to run away"I said.

"My dad wants to start over with my mom and she wants to take Malika with her but they won't let her go"Melanie said.

"Maybe because she commented to this pack"I said. "There have to a reason"

"Why you keep looking for a damn reason!? Just help us get out of here"Melanie semi yelled.

"Okay"I said. "I want you to go and find your sister first. I'ma go find your mother"

Melanie nod her head. She was bout to walk out the kitchen till I grabbed her hand. "Be careful"I kissed her lips. She smiled at me and walk out the kitchen.

I made my way out the kitchen going back to the large room. I know Melanie mother was in here somewhere. I just have to pick up her scent. I didn't see Averett nor Cullen. That's making me nervous. But I can't show nervousness.

Finally I seen Melanie mother. But she was around Cullen and Averett. What is she doing? I walked a bit closer to them but hid behind a wall so I can hear what they was talking about.

"Mary, I have to say I'm proud of you"Averett said.

"For what?"

"For finding your daughter. Now you can stop whining and keep up with your daughters"Averett said.

"You know. I was wondering if I can leave with my daughters and start over with mufusa. I really miss him"

"Your not going anywhere Mary Ann. I don't want you to leave my pack and join his weak ass pack!!"Averett yelled. "No, you your daughters are staying"

"But for what Averett!!"she yelled.

"Get away from Mary Ann"

"Fine. But trust me you won't see me anymore"

I heard her footsteps walking away from them. She went to the door opening walking outside. I have to follow her and stop her before she leaves somewhere.

"Follow her!!"I heard Averett yelled at his warriors. I watched as they walked out the door going for Mary Ann.

I hurried and walked towards the door till I heard Melanie whimpers. I stopped and turned around seeing her being pinned by some male. I growled lowly speed walking towards them. I grabbed the man by his collar then punch him in the face.

The music stop when they heard the commotions between me and the other guy. He punch me in the face then slammed me on the wall. His eyes turned yellow and his k-9s came out. He was bout to kill me till Cullen stopped him. Averett came up to me smiling.

"Why are you here?"Averett ask me. "Thought you was dead"he smiled.

"I'm here for my mate"I growled.

"Now it's you. Maynard, you do know that Melanie doesn't like you"Averett said.

"I do like him. He's my mate"Melanie said. "I want to leave with him"

Cullen and Averett both looked at each other. I know the was mind linking each other.

"Let us go and we'll be out your way"I said.

"Let y'all go?"Cullen laugh. Melanie looked at both of them. "I'll let her go but you. No"

"Cullen....."

"Take him to the basement!! Put him in the cell!!"Cullen and Averett walked away. His warriors grabbed my arms roughly then one of them knocked me out.

All I can hear was Melanie screaming.