chapter 3 (out the window)

Brook and I were sitting in our room folding washed clothes. Her family died 2 months ago, she hadn't spoken since it happened. She hasn't even spoken to me.

''So... Do you wanna' go search around the outside of the perimeter.'' An awkward silence filled the air. ''Is that a no.''

''Yes nick, it is.''

''Geez, what's the matter with you.''

''What's the matter. What's the matter! Well nick, let me tell you! My mother and sister died, so I have no family left, I'm watched 24-7 by a bunch of assholes who think I'm gonna do something wreck less, and I have to keep on living through a disaster of a world because that's what my mom would have wanted, but other than that, nick, I'm peachy kean!"

''I- I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't very considerate.''

sigh ''I want to leave Nikki, I don't like it here any more.'' I saw a crazed look on her face then she turned to me. '' You can come with me!" She sounded crazy.

'' We can't do that.''

''I thought you were my friend nick.''

''I am your frie-"

''WELL FRIENDS STICK OUT FOR EACH OTHER! And if you can't do that than your no friend of mine.''

''How could you say that.'' Without another word she went to the window, and jumped out. She slid down the roof. I hurried to the window, but she was already gone.

''BROOKLYN!''