𝙙𝙚𝙪𝙭

" it's not what it looks like "

。。。

"y-yeah, donghyuck is me."

mark chuckled at the shorter male's introduction. "well, me is mark."

donghyuck snapped out of his small little daze to realize what came out of his mouth. he noticed that his new (and hot) roommate was just playing along with his caveman talk.

'gosh, how embarrassing.' he thought to himself, feeling heat rushing to his cheeks.

"i-i'm sorry about that."

"it's all good. let me guess, you're not really good with strangers?" he asked, raising a brow.

"you can say that."

donghyuck stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before mark invited him into the dorm room. the living space was quite big according to the brunette. he walked through a small hallway before arriving in the living room, which was already furnished with a couch, coffee table, and small TV.

he guessed this university was quite loaded due to how much the dorms resembled an apartment.

"your room is right here." mark pointed in the direction of two doors that were on a slightly elevated platform.

"oh, thanks."

"mhm."

donghyuck then dragged his luggage into the right room, where mark had pointed to. he awkwardly maneuvered around the black haired male and entered the room. it was furnished with basic things like a bed, drawers, and a desk.

this room was going to need a makeover indeed, and the young male was ready for it. he could already imagine the room after he was done with it. an earthy, leafy aesthetic with a hint of flowers for a pop of color.

oh, he couldn't wait.

"are you just going to stand there donghyuck?" mark's voice snapped donghyuck out of his thoughts.

flushing in embarrassment, he chuckled nervously and went into the room.

"if you need anything, i'm going to be in the room right next to yours okay?" donghyuck nodded at the elder's heads-up, and proceeded to unpack his belongings.

as he was putting up his clothes, there was a bag at the bottom on his luggage compartment. it was made of leaves so he suspected the council had it put in there. taking it out, he started to unravel the folded leaves.

inside were small twine pouches, filled with a sand like substance from what he felt. he picked up one of the pouches and opened it, a puff of sparkly powder going onto his face.

"yup, fairy dust." he confirmed, closing the pouched back up then placing it back with the other pouches in the leafy bag.

"hey-"

just as mark peaked his head into the room, donghyuck panicked and jumped on his suitcase in attempt to not blow his cover on his first day.

"oh hey, what's up my man? i-i swear it's not what it looks like." donghyuck greeted, trying to look casual, but of course he didn't.

"just wondering if you want to order take out. black bean noodles with sweet and sour pork." mark offered, giving the boy a rather odd look.

"y-yeah, sure of course. i love black bean noodles and sweet and sour pork, you know that good stuff huh?"

"mhm, it's delicious. oh, and by the way, if you're hiding porn, don't worry. i won't judge, it's normal for us dudes. just dudes being dudes y'know?" after that, he left giving him a toothy smile before slipping back out.

sighing in relief, he was glad that mark only thought it was porn. that relief didn't last as the embarrassment started to settle in. mark, his roommate and the person that he had to help, just thought he was in possession of porn.

the brunette groaned, he wanted to curl up in his suitcase, zip it up and never come out of it again. how could he be so reckless?

standing back up, the male slapped his cheeks muttering about how stupid he was for being so careless.

shaking it off, he picked up the leafy bag and placed it in his drawer underneath his clothes. just as he was about to put away the empty suitcase, a small tapping was heard at his small bay window.

he made his way over and crawled onto the cushioned bench and opened up the sheer white curtains. to his surprise, it was a hummingbird with what seemed to be a note wedged between its needlelike beak.

donghyuck went ahead and opened up the window, holding out his hand and the bird landed on his hand.

"what have you got there birdy?" in response, the bird dropped the note into his hand then flew away.

he unrolled the note to see a small note, probably from the head.

'the fairy dust is meant to be used wisely. wish for whatever you want to be done, then sprinkle it on whatever the object or person is.'

and that was it.

curious to the dust's effects, he stuffed the note into his pocket and grabbed ahold of one of the small pouches. he made his way out of his room cautiously.

before proceeding to walk out into the living room, he poked his head out and scanned the surrounding area. no signs of mark, coast clear.

donghyuck then walked out and into the kitchen. he was hungry and the take out was taking awfully long in his opinion. searching the cabinets for something small to snack on, he found a box of croissants.

he went ahead and took one out and wondered about how he could test out the fairy dust.

a light bulb went off, "chocolate croissant."

he's been craving something sweet ever since he's gotten here, so it was the perfect idea.

taking out a pinch of the sparkly golden substance, he silently wished for a chocolate croissant then started to sprinkle it onto the food item.

he was happily humming to himself whilst sprinkling the fairy dust. it was until he heard a voice that he didn't want to hear.

"why are you sprinkling glitter on my croissant?"

"um...i can explain."

-🦁-

double update cause i'm pretty sure most of y'all already read the first chap :)