𝙤𝙣𝙯𝙚

" are you falling in love with mark? "

。。。

"lee donghyuck of the sunflower district--"

"whAT IS UP WITH EVERYONE SCARING THE FUCKING MARBLES OUT OF ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO DO MY WORK--" donghyuck turned around to face the person and completely regretted yelling.

instead, he gulped down his spit and peeped out, "head councilor."

the man just looked him with an amused glint in his eyes, "that was an interesting choice of words young one."

"s-sorry about that, i thought you were someone else." the fairy apologized, avoiding eye contact with the head councilor.

"it's fine, but there is a reason as to why i'm here."

something clicked in donghyuck's mind and realized that the head councilor usually never visits fairies on missions. the only time he'd visit is when something serious happens, like a fairy falling out of bounds or if he needed to put a big fat cancel on their mission.

of course the head wasn't just visiting just to say hello, and invite him to some afternoon tea or something.

this meant that he had fucked up somewhere already.

dread and disappointment filled the fairy's being. he actually didn't want to go home, not so soon at least.

"lee donghyuck, are you falling in love with mark?" the questions hung in the air around donghyuck's head like thick fog taking over his thoughts.

he didn't know how to answer it.

'i mean...i like him. his cuddles are nice and he keeps me warm. he's really nice and my heart does this weird thing around him--' he answered in his head rather than out loud.

"i asked you a question young one." donghyuck snapped his head up, noticing how long he took to answer the head's question.

"i-i..." the young fairy just couldn't find the words to describe this feeling he felt around mark. it was just so much more complex, and his mind felt like shutting down trying to find ways to describe it.

the head councilor decided to let the fairy off the hook from explaining, and instead asked him, "you do understand that if you fall in love with a human, your wings will disappear, correct?"

donghyuck just nodded, feeling as if his mouth was zipped shut, unable the speak a word.

"and do you want your wings to disappear?"

donghyuck's body moved on its own, shaking his head no at the question, but in reality, he wouldn't mind it at all. who would be waiting for him back home anyways?

no one.

if he were to come back, they'd just expect the usual from him and assumed he had failed his mission yet again. the insults would roll in, the looks of disappointment would jab him in the gut, and all he would do was to try to get to the safety of his home as fast as possible.

which wasn't any better because he'd be by himself, once again. with thoughts of self negativity, and wonderance of where did he go wrong.

"if so, then please do your job correctly. i gave you one too many chances because i believe you are capable of doing great things. don't make me regret my decision." just when donghyuck thought the head councilor was a slightest bit different from the others, the man just had to prove him wrong.

with his head bowed he mumbled out a 'yes sir' before the head disappeared into thin air, leaving behind glittery golden sparks in his wake.

"what the hell was that donghyuck?"

the fairy's heart stopped when he heard the all to familiar voice of the one and only mark lee.

mark had just gotten home from his classes to hear an unfamiliar voice in his roommates rooms. he felt bad eavesdropping on the younger, but he couldn't help but be curious as to who their guest was.

donghyuck had left his door cracked and mark peaked through it, seeing the said male talking to what seemed to be an older man.

"and do you want your wings to disappear?" he heard the man asked, then he saw donghyuck shake his head no.

the man said something else but mark wasn't listening.

'wings? donghyuck doesn't have wings? wait, a metaphor?' he snapped out of his confusing thoughts when a flash of light caught his attention.

the man had disappeared, leaving behind what seemed to be sparkly gold dust. mark didn't know what to think of the scene he just witnessed.

was he dreaming? what the hell was happening?

that's when he stepped in.

"what the hell was what?" donghyuck decided to pull the 'act dumb' card, in hopes mark would let him slide.

"no, i saw what i saw hyuck. what was that?"

the fairy didn't know what to do nor what to say. was he supposed to expose himself as a magical creature now? that he was only sent here on a mission to be mark's personal cupid, but then he ended up falling for mark instead of helping in any way?

"w-would you freak out if i said i was a fairy?" donghyuck's voice gradually went softer as he said the last few words, afraid of how the other would react.

"a what?"

"a fairy. like the creatures you would see in movies and books, with wings and magical powers." the younger was now fiddling his fingers, his gaze centered on his hands instead of the person whom he's talking to.

he didn't want to see mark's reaction. he didn't want to be broken down even more than he already has.

mark was just confused. 'fairies existed?' he asked himself.

a part of mark wanted to believe the younger, but another part of him was skeptical about the whole thing.

"so, what you're saying is that you are a creature with wings that fly around a sprinkle sparkles everywhere you go?" donghyuck almost cracked a grin at mark's definition of a fairy. he honestly thought it was quite cute.

"of sorts."

"how do i know you're not lying to me?"

donghyuck let out a sigh, finally meeting eyes with the elder who was now standing in front of him. he saw the glint of curiosity in the elder's eyes, and that sparked a bit of hope in him.

maybe this wouldn't turn out as bad as he expected it to turn out.

-🦁-

highkey don't wanna do my project rn but i have to anyways skdfoaugef